Kia Venga and Mmmmm, TURBO!

Arran

I Love Lamp
Platinum Member
I took my work Citroen Berlingo van in for a service today at Brindley Citroen (which is also a Hyundai and Kia dealer). Rather than them giving me a van to have a courtesy vehicle, they gave me a Kia Venga. Now I thought it would be a pile of poo, but dispite it looking a bit odd, I was actually quite impressed. I mean don't get me wrong, I'm not going out any buying one, but it was better than I expected.

It had a 1.4 turbo diesel with ISG (start stop). Whilst it lacked low down power, it certainly gave you a kick when the revs rose. The build quality was good too, even thought the dash plastic were hard. But it was uber quiet, comfy and not badly equipped either.

It has left me wanting a turbo. Badly. Dispite the lag (which I imagine is mainly due to it having low power and a small engine), I loved the boost that followed. So addictive.

I've been looking at Seat Leon's for a while, but not really sure what mine is worth? Anyone got any idea?

09 58 plate 197 ff in UR,
26k on the clock, full RSH, bluetooth and cornering lights as options.
Renault spoiler and anth wheels, plus other bits like aux input, boot carpet and net, mats etc. Good condition.

Last edited:
Looking at prices there seems very little logic to what people ask for a FF or a Cup, about £9-10k it seems if it's in nearly perfect condition.

turbo lag........

think you will find its due to the 197 being so responsive to the throttle :bat:

Power band maybe, I know my old DCI between 3-4k rpm was great, above/below it as poop.

I know what you mean, driving my gfs 2006 clio dci 65 makes me want a turbo :smile: honest! its not a bad little runner at all, could do with one as a daily and keep me 197 for the weekend, but yeah kind of makes me want a more comfortable car in terms of ride and power delivery, getting old I guess

Similar Thread Suggestions

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
RossWoods93 Clio General Chat 9
Hamad Wheels and Tyres 3
Goose Other Marques 10
W Other Marques 13
C Wheels and Tyres 4