Knocking

I have a 2010 Clio DCI, when the car is idling there's a knock coming from the engine, it is quite noticeable. I has a rhythm to it. Usually it's like four knocks at a time. Any ideas what the problem could be? Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dephaser pulley on it's way out maybe... Does it sound anything like this?

Does it sound like it's coming from the top of the engine or the bottom? Does it go away when you rev the engine or just get louder?

Might wanna post a video of it to help us try and identify.

Thanks for your reply. Sounds like top of engine I'll try and video it in the morning and post it in the morning. Not as bad as that it won't happen for maybe 40 seconds then knock knock knock then another 40 seconds e.t.c

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The poster of that video commented on it saying "This went back to the dealer a few times and they said it was normal and performing some kind of 'self test' on the injector system. I don't think it sounded right so I traded the car in."

Could just be a harmless engine noise? If it's concerning you though I'd take it to a garage and let them investigate for you.

dci doesnt have a dephaser pulley....sounds very "metallic" ie metal against metal...

not sure what to advise really! the 1.5dci are quite reliable we saw very few of them give how many are on the roads

I have a renault kangoo van and it as made the noise you are describing for years on tick over but as not caused any issues . Mine is also a 1.5 dci TD

I remember a Renault DCI that had a knocking noise it was the washer under the injectors or the fix was to replace the copper washer under the injector. Get it looked at or stand over the engine when its running and narrow in on where the noise is coming from I don't want to be heading up the M1 or M2 to Belfast and your DCI sitting in a pool of oil in the middle of the road. But I do want to know if you get it sorted.

O yes if you can join the forum its a £5 for the year the admins need the money for lap dancing at the Christmas dinner. Some of them did think it was funny and its the last time I'll use it.