KTR or itg

I am going to be ordering a new air filter and wasnt sure to get the KTR one or the itg.
Any opinions?

will it change the sound much? but more after the throttle response.

I would like to put an induction kit on but due to my insurance i cant do any mods.
Ill get away with a new filter and changing wheel colour :worried: and thats all!

ITG one, i read that people were having problems with the rubber splitting on KTR ones.

Not really much sound change, cant say as i noticed throttle response change either.

I think most people will tell you not to bother with the induction kit.

Unless you just want more noise and less power.

I can only agree with what Chris says. Order an ITG, got mine from Camskill, it was the cheapest by far. There isn't much difference but was a bit more noise which isn't bad.

As said, avoid any aftermarket 'performance air intake' almost all have resulted in lower BHP on the 197/200. Only one worthwhile is the v6 airbox but seeing as you cant do it I wont go into detail.

The ITG is good though. :smile:

I have an ITG and have also heard of problems with the KTR one. Makes a better noise, especially low revs. Other differences are unoticable, but throttle responce is slightly better.

Got a KTR one that I brush out regularly and had no problems with, not heard of them splitting myself and the rubber on mine is fine.

Just to confuse things................... has to be K&N, only filters I have ever used, and that's the advice from an old bloke

Ive been told to stay away from K&N, all about making money just aiming at chavved up corsa b's.
What ive been told anyway. Plus id rather not buy something for my car that used to be for sale at argos.

That could be a load of bull, but from what ive been reading ITG is the way forward.

Depends on what you are gonna do after the filter, if nothing then the gains are negligible. I get slated for using a k&n Apollo, but a shift manager for Boc wouldn't know anything bout air filtration or combustion ;-)

The only problems we had on our filters was with a few Twingo ones, this has now been resolved with a slight redesign. The rest of the range have been uneffected.

David.