kurbed the wheel :(

Clio*Nick

Platinum Member
Got back from skiing in the French Alps on Sunday :skiing: and on the drive home I managed to get too close to the kurb at a toll booth on the French motorway :swear: not happy

Attachments

• photo1.jpg
    photo1.jpg
    94.5 KB · Views: 23
  • photo2.jpg
    photo2.jpg
    82.5 KB · Views: 23
  • photo3.jpg
    photo3.jpg
    85.7 KB · Views: 21
  • photo4.jpg
    photo4.jpg
    92 KB · Views: 20
The feeling was just awful! :worried:

The really anoying thing is that I was really worried about damaging the wheels with the snow chains...but I didnt have to put them on, so was happy that the wheels were still ok. Then the bloody toll booth does it instead!!

Last edited:
The feeling was just awful! :worried:

The really anoying thing is that I was really worried about damaging the wheels with the snow chains...but I didnt have to put them on, so was happy that the wheels were still ok. Then the bloody toll booth does it instead!!

It is just a small solace to you, but I scratched one my rim much worse last winter and another one this winter. I also hit granite kerb each time, but in my case because of sideslip. Even worse I have grey lacquered cup wheels. :worried: But I really understand to your feeling...

Nothing worse than hearing that crunching sound and knowing exactly whats just happened, I did mine about 2 months ago and was scared to get out and look...happily powdercoated back to good now!

Done 2 of mine, one is on 2 spokes, small grazes and the other is chipped. Both need doing, got to get it booked in.