KW, AST or H&R Coilies for my 200?

Looking to get coilovers (finally) in the next couple of months as i start a new job with a bit more spare cash every month..

Peoples opinions on the above?

+ If anyone has any pictures of a 200/197 on ASTs that would be awesome ta!

Cheeeers

If yours is a later 200 i would go for the new kw clubsport set up. It includes top mounts etc and different dampers to the kw3s.

Only thing about AST - they are easy and cheep serviceble (100euro x1), they are more stiff then KW3. Do not have pictues for clio, but sportline 2 not very gentle for your ass in averyday use. But they are very cool=)))

If you go onto kam racings site they use a picture of my car hen I had AST's :wink:

I wouldn't buy them if your planning on using them purely for road use though, H&R would be my choice for the road.

I personally avoid ast's. Had poor experience with their mk2 Clio setup (build quality, service, setup all poor imo). Couldn't fault the kw v2 setup that I switched too. That's where my money would go if it's for road and track, h&r if it's just road use.

I personally avoid ast's. Had poor experience with their mk2 Clio setup (build quality, service, setup all poor imo). Couldn't fault the kw v2 setup that I switched too. That's where my money would go if it's for road and track, h&r if it's just road use.

Surely the stiffer H&R setup is better than the KW equivalent for track use?

Cheers guys! I'm not going to be tracking the clio anytime soon though, so only looking for the best ones for lowness/handling on the road..

Kw v3's would be my track choice.

True. Budget wasnt specified in the first post.

Cheers guys! I'm not going to be tracking the clio anytime soon though, so only looking for the best ones for lowness/handling on the road..

How much you wanna spend though? And to what extent do you want them adjustable? Just height? Or bump and rebound adjustable also?

For height adjustable only I'd go for the H&Rs but for the full whak I'd go with the KW V3s as suggested by Brown Bear.

Last edited:
As for pics. Heres Marks 197 on the ASTs:

5574383069_0dc4b7dda5_b.jpg

5574381285_7e2ebd49b2_b.jpg

Here's Mike's 197 on KW V3s:

IMG_0762.jpg

And Simo's 197 with H&Rs:

9huh6t.jpg

mubvar.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks for that mate, the H&Rs and ASTs sit perfectly, if I was thinking of tracking it then of course I'd go for the V3s, but I don't have that kind of money for now..

I'm gonna search tinternet for prices.. Really doesn't help that Demon Tweeks now do finance on V1s.. Tempting!!

Ta for the pics!!

The main reason I'd go for H&R now over KW is because they use Koni's FSD Technologly. We have the Abarth FSD kit on our 500 and it's brilliant.

Read up on it and you'll have a real dilemma. :wink:

The main reason I'd go for H&R now over KW is because they use Koni's FSD Technologly. We have the Abarth FSD kit on our 500 and it's brilliant.

Read up on it and you'll have a real dilemma. :wink:

I ran Koni FSD dampers on my Alpina B3S and I agree.. awesome dampers!

Rich