KW Clubsports will not fit Clio after Aug 2010

Hey,

Just to let anyone know that KW Clubsports won't fit clios after Aug 2010 because of Renault changing the top mounts and don't know when they will be releasing the new top mounts. I am going to check to see if the V3's are affected. So KW display the Clubsports for 2011 clios but it's not true according to the technical team in Germany.

So do I hang on until KW release the new top mounts or just get V3's if they fit.

Ok, didn't know that. I am sure I read that the reason for the coilovers from an early car not fitting a later car is down to the diameter of the hole in the top mount. It may be possible to modify the later top mounts by enlarging the hole?

Yeah I thought it was similar. They showed me the difference,
The shape is different and the bolt hole is about 2inchs off! :worried:

Oft. Thats a major ball ache.

I'd give 'em back tbh and get the V3s (If they fit the newer models).

Yeah :worried: kw are going to ring the company tomorrow to tell them if they can be fitted less the adjustable top mounts and then get new top mounts out to me once kw have produced them. Best option I think as kw uk have no V3's in stock.

That's a proper issue :worried: if it was me I think it would be worth the wait assuming it wouldn't be too long ofcourse and then getting the clubsports fitted.

They will doubtless be the illest coilovers ever imo.

Well speaking to KW (brilliant customer service!) turns out Renault
Put either the later style one or the early one on cars being produced now. But anyway I'm having the V3's fitted until the release the new top mounts and then kw will take the front units away and get them rebuilt to clubsport spec and then get the top
mounts fitted. Very good stuff :smile: just need the V3's turn up!! Haha

mine is a 60 reg and i have just had kw v1s fitted to mine :smile: got k tec to fit them though. did have a slight issue cos the fronts didnt fit but they ordered something from kw which made them fit :smile:

mine is a 60 reg and i have just had kw v1s fitted to mine :smile: got k tec to fit them though. did have a slight issue cos the fronts didnt fit but they ordered something from kw which made them fit :smile:

Yeah he used yours as an example as yours has the older style topmount. K-tec phoned kw and kw said use the later one but actually yours has the early one. Renault aren't being consistent on when they use this old or new style top mount. Yet kw said they see no advantage in the new top mount. KW are sorting it and are giving me a free Jacket :drunk: