Las Vegas!

Im just about to book a holiday to vegas for me and the GF (for her 21st) I was just wondering who else has been, and what everyone got up to. Does anyone have any tips on places to go and see and things to do, and more importantly places to DRINK and GAMBLE :bounce1::jump1:

Iv just picked myself up a new camera so I should get some good snaps too which I'm really pleased about, so I wanna make sure I get around to the places that I could get some good un's :smile:

Jealous, very very jealous! Would really love to go there

I guess you have to do the obvious thing and visit the Bellagio for a bit of gambling

yeah mate. ermmmmmm I stayed belaggio it was a phenominal place. basically the hotel u book u will stay in there most of the day cus its seriously too hot too go outside mate. they have walk ways between hotels that are air conditioned lol.

im looking for my pictures now :smile:

Nice one cheers Woody, I reckon were gonna stay in either the Monte Carlo, MGM Grand or Planet Hollywood but haven't decided 100% yet.

Iv seen the vids of the Bellaggio on YouTube and it looks great, even looking at the fountain display on google earth makes you realise how BIG it is!

ha ha wait for my photos mate. it dances to music its awesome.

Was meant to go a few years back but didnt in the end, would love to go, it looks amazing.

P6240095.gif

best place u will ever go mate. but its hurrendously expensive. i spent close to £2500 including accomodation, shows, drinks and gambling :smile: I had just turned 21 too :smile:

Pics look amazing mate, really excited now. Just cant wait to go!! Front facing room at the Bellagio, VERY NICE 8) 8)

How long did you go for? We started looking at 4nights, but thats now 5nights... I have been tempted by 7 though but think it would get really expensive!

7 nights mate to get the proper experience. we was going to go in a copter over grand canyon but it was £300 for 2 hours or something stupid like that.

Thats looks brilliant Matt, would fancy going thre myself! :eek:

£300 for 2 hours, thats not bad. I paid £150 for half an hour this summer over Monaco and Cannes! Was definitely worth it though.

its 1 of those places that u need to visit once in ure life (like nurburgring) :smile:

What do people think of new york vs. vegas? I went to NYC last summer and loved it, want to live there when im older but its just so expensive

You wont go wrong with Vegas - top place! :smiley:

Just walk around, take in the sights and catch the bus that goes up and down the strip to save time. All the hotels are different and most will leave you gob-smacked, me and Jo both were! We both kept getting lost in our hotel it was that big!

We stayed in Caesars Palace, lovely place, would also recommend the Venetian. We didnt go into Bellagio, though as Woody has confirmed, its meant to be very nice too.

Check out the Forum Shops in Caesers, the Gondoliers in Venetian, they both spring to mind as been eye openers.

Avoid Circus Circus, Stratosphere, and Excalibur - all total dumps. Avoid the so called "cheap designer outlets" at each end of the strip, crap and no cheaper than the UK.

You got to visit The Gunstore if guns are your thing - you can shoot literally any gun you can think of, i chose a 9mm Glock, M4 carbine and and AK47 - check out my Youtube channel for the vid - http://www.youtube.com/user/richw426?gl=GB

Like i say, amazing place but after 4 nights me and Jo felt we had seen enough, don't get me wrong though, we'll definitely be back again.

New York we did the year before last, once again its an amazing place, and for a 3 or 4 night stay, you can't go wrong with either Vegas or NYC. However, we both feel NYC has more to it, with such diverse cultures and so much to see and do, theres no other city like it. It is such an interesting place, what amazed me was the smells, every street and every street corner has a different smell, some good some bad, i've never known a place like it. So many districts too, again, some good, some very scary like Chinatown after dark - you realise that by all the shady characters and the fact the cop cars all have 3 cops in them, unlike 5th Ave. where its one car, one cop! Didnt take us long to hot heel it back onto the Metro :eek: :-p

I proposed to Jo at the top of the Empire State Building, the next day we bought her engagement ring in the Diamond District - actually chose the ring, then the diamond, and then watched it being made :thumbup1:

Vegas is a fab place, you'll love it :thumbup1::thumbup1::thumbup1:

Went to nyc wen i was 17 n thght it was rubbish because i cudnt do a thing lol

Just think all those clothes shops in NY, I would be in my element. Would have to buy some more suitcases while I was there! :oops: