Badge style, 59 plate 200

• "Renault Sport"

Votes: 5 27.8%
  • "R.S"

Votes: 13 72.2%

• Total voters

TB Rich

Paid Member
What's peoples thoughts on the later badging being fitted to an earlier car?

I'm having the tailgate fixed by Renault and so I might be able to potentially ask them to fit the later badge instead?

To be honest I'll probably request they don't fit the badges at all and just supply them to me, but question of which style badge is applicable?
It would also solve my dilemma over the R.S gear knob if I got the later badge!!

Go for it. It's a much fresher design.

When I ordered my 200 all the cars had the old badge. A couple of weeks before mine was due I saw the new ones and just had to have one so thinking mine would come with the old one I ordered the new one only to be presented with a car with the new badge.. That was £40 wasted before id even sat in it.

doh, wasted money from day 1 - a sign of things to come!!

Suppose the front badge might be required too in that case?

not only that but RS stands for Rally Sport imo not RenaultSport.

I prefer the old one the 197 generation badge.

Its still there inside the new badge but the current R.S. isn't really to my taste.

But it still says Renault Sport on it anyway?

Indeed it does but each to their own, i've not took it off the trophy and put an old one on but in the same way i wouldn't take the old one off the 200 and put the new one on.

in fact mine must have been one of the last ones not to be re badged.

iirc they were changed early feb 2010 and mine is a march 2010 being into the country on the 10th of feb iirc.

My new R.S badge came this morning, Ill remove the old one when I machine polish the car for a cleaner finish, then decide what one to put back on.

Thanks for the votes all, thought there wouldn't have been as much love for the old style badge as there is!

Tempted by fully debaged I think for whilst I own it, and keep the badges spare. I haven't debaged a car in years but generally I prefer the cleaner look.