Latest warranty work ....

Adrian

Platinum Legend
Platinum Member
Took the car in to Co-Op Mansfield today as I have had some niggles that have steadily got worse. The steering wheel was melting in the usual place on the right hand side. The passenger side rear seatbelt was fraying, had not noticed this before as I rarely have any one in the back. Creaking from the rear suspension, and the climate control was not working AGAIN.

Outcome was - new steering wheel on order, new rear seatbelt on order. Couldnt find anything wrong with suspension and they were out of dye to test the aircon, although they have confirmed that there is no gas in it. I only had it gassed last June and now its empty!

So not a bad result, pleased to be getting the problems sorted and looking forward to finding out what is wrong with the aircon.

Good results. Surely climate control wont work if "no gas". Shouldnt run out in 1yr :worried:
I dont have that problem with my cup. Stuffed if windows jam though :smile:

Good result indeed. This is what pisses me off about Renault. One person has a no quibble replacement of the steering wheel while another person has to go through hell to get it replaced.

To be fair, they didnt even question it, although when I mentioned it seemed to be a common problem, he did say it was the 1st one he had seen

Interesting reading about the air con....

When the garage re gassed mine in Feb, they put 100 times TOO MUCH oil in it, which is why it didn't work.

They regassed it last month, and it isn't as cold as it should be tbh.

I love warranty :wink:

Mine went in for the A/C a month or so ago. They re-gassed it and replaced a seal, but now it is making a horrible noise and isn't very cold, so is going back in on Monday for that and many other things! I love warranty too, thats's why I wanted the newest car I could afford when I was looking.

If I still have the car when warranty is up, I may take out an extended warranty. Looks like it will be worth every penny!

I'm thinking that too! My last Clio had a few problems with it, nothing major, but they seemed to stop when the car got to 2 years old. I don't think it went in after it's second birthday. But I think that may have been luck more than anything. Unfortunately Renault have got a bad reputation for problems just after the warranty expires, with the Scenic being the worst.

Mine went in for the A/C a month or so ago. They re-gassed it and replaced a seal, but now it is making a horrible noise and isn't very cold, so is going back in on Monday for that and many other things! I love warranty too, thats's why I wanted the newest car I could afford when I was looking.

EXACTLY the same as mine!

Re gas solved it for me, but still isn't ice cold. But it was good for the 36 degrees it had in France :smile: