Load sensing valve?

R20BTG

Paid Member
Does the Clio 197/200 have a load sensing valve to distribute braking force front to rear? I was getting a lot of rear lockups on track yesterday which I've never had before, and trying to work out why.

Thanks

From changing the brake lines on mine I really don't think there is, used to be a thing on torsion bar rear suspension on old Peugeot/Citroens. I don't remember seeing anything though.

Only other thing I can think of is maybe a lack of rear suspension droop? I didn't see them myself but several people said it was your rear right which makes me think it's unloading the weight and allowing the rear brakes to grab just enough. Maybe yours is the only Clio out there with fully functioning rear brakes? I assume traction control was off? I've only ever had the rears lock on me in the wet with traction still on.

TC was off

Not sure if it was right or left, will have to wait to hear from those who saw it

Yep, it looked like the left to me. I will have a look at the videos later.

You could install a bias valve but I would guess there is a far simpler explanation that doesn’t require you to spend a few hundred quid.

The exposure on my front camera was not great but this is a zoomed in still with you breaking at Mansfield.

Screenshot 2024-04-09 at 21.11.41.png

The lock up was definitely coming from your passenger side rear wheel and it was happening a number of times around the circuit, but mainly in the heavy breaking areas.

Looks cool as fuck, but the lockup at the top of the hill into Park worries me a little.
I think you should ask your guy to give the brakes a once over, and perhaps try bleeding them too.

It's getting a full RBF660 flush this week anyhow.
I'll ask him to take apart the rears and give them a clean.

Reactions: RSRowe