Locking wheel nuts!

Well I managed to get one wheel changed, however tried the front and the locking wheel nut adaptor just won't stay on! So I have one white speedlines and 3 standard. Is a garage my only option?

Possibly. The standard key nut is crap, much safer running with none on the car in the first place.

I had this issue and yes it was garage job, they tried the special tool for removing locking nuts but that failed. Ended up using a gas axe on it, made a bit of a mess tbh.

As said the Renault lockers are rubbish.

i had this problem mate!! locknuts overtightened by garage i took them all off. with a lot of effort!! when you get them off dont put them back on the locknut keys are awful.

Well its in the garage this morning so see what they can do, hopefully mess up the rim. what do you guys do about locking wheel nuts? Get aftermarket ones or just use a standard whee nut?

Sorry to hear you're having trouble mate! I use the standard Renault locking nuts, but I only tighten them to about 100nm, never had a problem.

I had this problem, got the nuts off and replaced them with the standard bolts from the kit and slung the locking ones. utter garbage.

Well this is certainly not good reading for me. Got a nice set of new McGard nuts at home and have already had no luck in removing the original Renault ones myself. Hearing the nightmare you lot have has is not filling me with confidence when I take it to my friends workshop either today or Monday.

Well I'm sure the garage will get them off. Will just put standerd bolts on instead. The one speedlines does look nice, even better with the other 3

Last edited:
Sorted! Just needed an air gun! Spare bolts out in so much easier!

and Mike the wheels look amazing! Will get some pictures up tomorrow :thumbup:

Some decent after market hobbies out there that do the job but as for Reno ones bag ****e

That's lucky! When I bought the car I didn't have any locking wheels bolts! I had to go to Renault (shocking service) and they sent pictures of my nuts (be careful how you read tht) and got some made for £20

I had this problem, got the nuts off and replaced them with the standard bolts from the kit and slung the locking ones. utter garbage.
Same as Mike, just used the normal bolts since I had the rear tyres changed last year! Havent bothered looking for new ones as my wheels are horrible anyway.