Louder induction noise since putting bp ultimate in

Had to fill up on the motorway today and it was a bp garage so put the ultimate in and noticed when driving around town that there is a much louder induction noise now ? Going to check under the bonnet to see if I can notice anything, could changing the fuel do this ?

Its possible i guess, probably helped out with how cold its been. I always feel the car runs better with the higher octane fuels anyway

I haven't noticed this because since I have owned the car just over 2 months now, it has always had BP ultimate in the tank.

As for it not happening with v power or tesco, I had read an article somewhere before, I will try and find it, saying that BP ultimate was the better of all the "ultimate" type fuels as it contained the best/purest additives.

Although in saying that I would be surprised if it made you notice a change in induction sound, maybe it is the nice cold air? Ultimate certainly does make the car feel a tad smoother and it does sound different than when running ordinary fuel, I noticed that in my s2000 for certain!

BP ulimate better than v-power?? Lol

I've found the ulimate to be awful compared to v-power when has to use it. Car feels Life less :worried:

Look on you tube - there a video of a scooby ran on normal fuel, BP ulimate and Vpower on a dyno. Results are interesting to say the least

BP ulimate better than v-power?? Lol

I've found the ulimate to be awful compared to v-power when has to use it. Car feels Life less :worried:

Look on you tube - there a video of a scooby ran on normal fuel, BP ulimate and Vpower on a dyno. Results are interesting to say the least

I have to agree with this, I will only put V-Power in and at a push if I'm desperate I'll splash and dash with Tesco momentum. Hard to explain but the car didn't feel at it's best when I used BP.

Plus I just got 2 BA flights to Paris with my Shell V-Power reward points. :thumbsup:

I have to agree with this, I will only put V-Power in and at a push if I'm desperate I'll splash and dash with Tesco momentum. Hard to explain but the car didn't feel at it's best when I used BP.

Plus I just got 2 BA flights to Paris with my Shell V-Power reward points. :thumbsup:

I have found that Tesco Momentum is about the same as V-Power.

Won't touch anything else though unless I am completely desperate and then its just enough to get to a Shell Garage :smile:

I won't use v power simply because its about 6p more a litre and I can't justify it against the performance.

I just use momentum

I've always found v power the best, always used it in my rs fords and they sound better and feel sharper with it in.