lowering the 197 - I need your help :)

Hello everyone!

I'm quite new here, but I own my 197 (non-cup version) for 2 years now, and I think it's time for it to stand a bit lower!

It has 140.000km in it, so I would replace the coilovers sooner or later anyways. Achieving both goals, I've made up my mind to buy a lowering kit. So only the springs are not enough!

I don't mind if the coilovers are not adjustable, but the height of the stance must be! I would like to run the car on -30, or -35mm maximum.

The questions / requirements:
- The suspension lowering kit must not be softer then the original one.
- Adjustable height
- All-round capability
- Reasonable price (!)

The fourth one is quite important. I could buy the KW v3, but it's not really worth it the way I use my car. The car worths like 8,500 euros. I really do not want to spend 2000EUR on the lowering kit, since this is my daily driver.

So what are your suggestions, and why?

If you do not have any suggestion, could you please tell me your opinion / experience on the following kits:
Bilstein B14 PSS kit
H&R / Bilstein suspension kit, Stage I
KW v1

Thanks!

I think we should introduce a pop up that opens when clicking the [New Thread] button. Something along the lines of

'Before starting a new thread please use the search function. Forum members have probably already discussed this topic to death and as such have no interest in discussing it again. Please confirm you have used the search function by ticking the box below'

[] Yes I have searched but have been unable to find a related thread. If it turns out that my question has already been asked and answered more than 5 times I give permission for my account to be deleted.

I think we should introduce a pop up that opens when clicking the [New Thread] button. Something along the lines of

'Before starting a new thread please use the search function. Forum members have probably already discussed this topic to death and as such have no interest in discussing it again. Please confirm you have used the search function by ticking the box below'

[] Yes I have searched but have been unable to find a related thread. If it turns out that my question has already been asked and answered more than 5 times I give permission for my account to be deleted.

:jase2::rofl:

not sure the thread will provide all the answers but its a good starting point

just seems many never read anything first :coffee:

Yeah we could have trialled it on you when you asked your question about how much brake fluid :tongueout: :wink: :hug1:

Yeah we could have trialled it on you when you asked your question about how much brake fluid :tongueout: :wink: :hug1:

tumblr_mfv7t4j7tr1rmk9vho1_500.jpg

Does the H in your username stand for Hunt? :innocent::biggrin:

I had actually searched before posting that, but had been unable to find a definitive answer to my question, hence the thread.

I still stand by my post above, I put the bit about 5 related threads to cover my back!