Malfunction Indicator Light after fitting Akrapovic Evolution System

Hy mates

I have a problem with my Clio after fitting the Akrapovic Evolution Exhaust. After a month without a problem, the Malfunction Indicator Light flashs up and i have the message on the display "Check your exhaust system" (I don't know the exact words in english?). Anyway, after a week was the light suddenly not on the display anymore. Now after a month, I have the same problem again. The Malfunction Indicator Light flashs up... Does anybody know what's wrong? I know, that the mean catalysator is now missing, but if the exhaust gases are out of spec, the OBD System should give a warning immediately after starting the motor? And it should not be possible, that a failure can be deleted, without an OBD software? Is it possible that there is a defective contact in the system? I would be very happy about any help...

some people on here have had decatted exhaust systems and not had any faults lights appear on the dash and then theres some that have, the reason it comes on and off is due to the fact the ecu is not constantly see the fault. basically if it kept seeing the fault it would stop on, if it sees it now and again it will go on and off.

what your seeing is an "emissions non-compliance" warning....

the ecu will monitor the exhaust emissions and flash up a fail...it can also run through a "reset monitor" systems check to make sure that the system is working correctly (well it sort of works that way) so your probably seeing the system checking and reporting a fault then running through another check and when you switch it off it will clear it temporarily (hope it makes sense!)

I have a milltek decated exhaust and i had an emissions light appear around 1000 miles after fitting, after a few runs the light and notification went off. :thumbsup: