Manifold, advice needed please.

Hi everyone. My car is making a loud blowy noise, coming from the front. Just had my car looked at by a local garage and they have said that there is a hole/crack in the pipe that leads from the manifold to the Catalytic Coverter. They're saying that I need a new manifold and that it's a massive job. Been quoted roughly £950, inc parts and labour. Getting it looked at by another local garage for a second opinion on Monday. Does this sound about right? Just need some general advice please on what to do and what the caused this (probably my heavy right foot). Apologies for my lack of mechanical knowledge and thank you in advance.

Sounds about right for Renault.

The manifolds themselves are not cheap and you have to drop the sub frame to fit.

Toyosports do a decatted stainless manifold much cheaper on eBay. People do report of an increased flat spot so the car could really do with a map. A decent garage should be able to do it 4hrs or less

My manifold flexi went a while ago and i was in the same position as yourself , i went to renault and they told me 1300 pound for a manifold .Not a chance.i ended up buying a second hand one from a Renault breaker and then paid a garage to put that on.Ive kept my old manifold as im going to get someone to weld it , maybe worth having a look round see what you can find :smile:

Sounds cheap imo.

Renault as above charge 1300 and the labour time they give is 5.1 hours iirc

Thanks for the replies. I had a feeling it was a big job. Looks like I will see if I can get a second hand one from somewhere. I'm looking to sell the car soon anyway so increased flat spot and being second hand won't bother me. So I'm looking at about £150 for a second hand one plus approx 4-5 hours labour?