Martin from Nottingham

Hi all...

I'm pleased to join you all on this forum. It's been a great resource for finding out all kinds of knowledge about my new Clio, before and after buying. I bought myself an F1 from a dealer in Sheffield last Saturday.

I have waited years to buy one and now I have, I smile a lot while driving it. Well chuffed.

Anyway here she is, number 407

51k miles.

I wasn't too sure about the stickers at first...but they grew on me...instantly.

I know this was maybe ill-advised, but this car, while has a solid service history, is about due a cam belt. I paid 6,600 (plus a banged out Ford Puma) and keep thinking I could have got him down more for the cambelt.

But I don't care - I love this car! Can anyone vouch for a service centre/garage in Notts? I mean, is it worth paying the extra to go to Renault?

Cheers all! I look forward to chatting and joining you out somewhere.

Martin :tongueout:

Hi all...

I'm pleased to join you all on this forum. It's been a great resource for finding out all kinds of knowledge about my new Clio, before and after buying. I bought myself an F1 from a dealer in Sheffield last Saturday.

I have waited years to buy one and now I have, I smile a lot while driving it. Well chuffed.

Anyway here she is, number 407

51k miles.

I wasn't too sure about the stickers at first...but they grew on me...instantly.

I know this was maybe ill-advised, but this car, while has a solid service history, is about due a cam belt. I paid 6,600 (plus a banged out Ford Puma) and keep thinking I could have got him down more for the cambelt.

But I don't care - I love this car! Can anyone vouch for a service centre/garage in Notts? I mean, is it worth paying the extra to go to Renault?

Cheers all! I look forward to chatting and joining you out somewhere.

Martin :tongueout:

Looks tidy mate and I've always been a fan of the F1's! You've got infinite smiles ahead :smiley:

:welcome:

Nice. I'd say Mick at Diamond Motors at Long Eaton. Not used him but lots of people swear by him. His details are over on Cliosport.net.

Car looks very familiar, I used to pass a 57plate Racing Blue R27 regularly in Thorpe Hesley (near Sheffield) which has recently disappeared from outside the owners house, could well be the same car.

If it is, you'll be happy to know it was always spotlessly clean. Used to put my car to shame :smiley:

Welcome mate, lovely motor
Ill vouch for Mick as well, knows his stuff and will only do his best.

Where abouts in notts you from?

:welcome: to the site.

Another nottingham lad, we might be able to get some meetings now we have a few members.

@Weo
I'm from Mapperley, fairly close to the centre. Seems there's a few F1 owners locally, but Iv'e not seen any driving around. This is probably all of us though, so maybe that's about right!

@Chris, how much did the belt work cost you?

Welcome Martin, cars looking very nice. As Wayne (930tech) says we're getting quite a few members from in the east mids area now.

Similar Thread Suggestions