Matt's GW 200

Received some goodies today :smile:

Courtesy of Tony @ Demon Tweeks ive got my H&R springs today :smile: Also got a set of black wheel bolt covers to tidy her up a bit.

photo_zps67653b91.jpg

Also thanks to inwardnoise in the eBay finds section got myself some RS center caps from Spain :smile: I will be changing the black to a satin black to match the wheels, and the RS in red to match the Brembo's

a679285c83_zps6c1a3d17.jpg

Going to hold of on the tail lights and save up for some more beneficial mods.

That is all, Thanks

I like the idea of the red RS text to match the brembos, when u having the goodies fitted mate?

Started the search for a 200 today you'll be pleased to hear! Cant be arsed with the boring company megane! Need renaultsport in my life... :smile:

Dan.

I like the idea of the red RS text to match the brembos, when u having the goodies fitted mate?

Started the search for a 200 today you'll be pleased to hear! Cant be arsed with the boring company megane! Need renaultsport in my life... :smile:

Dan.

Hopefully getting the springs fitted this week, then ill be measuring up for some spacers :smile: And hope to get the centres done over the weekend, in time to a potential photo shoot next week. Yer it should look alright, also planning on getting the front bumper RS in red, and the back RS in black & red. Plus the addition of a red front tow strap all being well.

Haha good lad, it is a must! Your making me feel guilty for taking yours away from you!

Well tbh i dont know how you sleep at night after you tore that 200 away from me! Haha!

It just wasnt right for me at the time and circumstances have changed! Iv been looking at our group stock list and seeing what i can have at a good price and im on the hunt for another GW and adding on a cup spoiler lol. Dont think i could get any better than what i had! Maybe recaros but im not too fussed about them...

Have you thought about a black gloss vinyl wrap for your roof? When i bought the 200 that was on my list of things to do as i saw someone else car and it looked mint with the black front splitter and cup spoiler end caps!

Dan.

Haha its something I've had to learnt to live with mate :tongueout:

Yer thats fare enough mate. And after sitting in the Recaros I could take them or leave them. Would much rather get a set of Bride seats to be different :smile:

You still going to be looking at a 200 then?

Yer I have thought about it, I vinyl wrapped my old mk3 roof in gloss black and it did look good. Im going to be getting the plastic fog surrounds painted in gloss black I think, with some red lamin-x on the fog lamps.

Well, if i had a 197 i'd have to go for the F1 edition due to the extras, if i found a nice 200 though i could spend the extra.

I just get the feeling if i bought a 197 id always regret not spending the extra and having a 200.

Not sure about the red fogs mate, could be overkill? Do a photoshop first maybe and let us have a nosey? Haha.

Dan.

Thats true mate, I do love the clean simple look of the 197, but personally you cant been the agressive look of the 200 :smile:

Yer true mate, im in no hurry just in the thinking stages lol. will wait to see how it looks once everything else is done.

A few changes so thought it was time for a quick update.

Firstly just over a week ago one of my HIDs stopped working, so I striped down the lights trying to find the issue. Couldn't find a reason so I sent the entire kit back to HIDS4U and within a few days i got it back with a new ballast unit, turns out it was faulty.

Then managed to get some well fitting seat covers from a local company, and I will be getting the RS logo stitched into them where the headrest is as well.

I am also negotiating some group buy prices, and will hopefully have some decent prices in the next week, if theres any interest. Note: there are other colours available

SeatCovers1_zps39ee59c8.jpg

SeatCovers2_zps3f72a30a.jpg

Then as my car was on the ramp getting its H&R lowering springs and 20mm eibach spacers fitted, thought I would changed the the wheel centres

Newcaps_zps032c53e2.jpg

And a few shots of how shes sitting now :smile: IMO how she should of been from factory. And now its had time to settle the stance is even better!

Lowered1_zpsebc3cc0a.jpg

Spacers_zpsd32429ad.jpg

Lowered_zps589c6ad6.jpg

Thats all for now, will get some better photos up, once ive had chance to get out and take some.

Thanks for reading :smile:

Looks lovely mate! Not sure about those seat covers though!

Ive had a pre reg 200 arrive at work today exact the same spec as yours, it owes too much money though! Would of had it aswell :tongueout:

Cheers Dan, yer there not everyones cup of tea but they do what i want :smile:

Ooo that would of been good mate! You need to get another one asap

car looks stunning mate,great stance

sorry but i also think the seat covers are rank,got to ask as well,why do people paint the petrol cap black,am i missing something? looks like its fell off from a distance,haha

Thanks for the love chris and hederson, i also appreciate the covers aren't to everyones tase, but i like them :smile:

And henderson, ive wrapped it in carbon fibre vinyl.

Car looks brilliant, the "stance" is just right on the 20mm and springs. I'm not a fan of the seat covers either, although I'm not really a fan of any seat covers. I don't see the point of paying a fortune for nice seats, then covering them up?

Summer update

So ive not really done an update in a while, and ive been making a few changes recently so I thought it was about time. Any way heres where she stands at the moment.

First up was some changes to the front end. I was never a fan of the plastic fog surrounds so I decided they had to go gloss black. At the same time I had my front RS badge sprayed red. As usual I got every sprayed by Simon at Spray Shack as there quality and service is excellent.

IMG_2665_zps00e8a4d2.jpg

At the same time I ordered some red Lamin-x off rbrocky, for my fog lamps to add a bit more colour to the front end. Heres how it all turned out :smiley:

Before & After
IMG_2677_zps4def0fad.jpg

Before:
IMG_2676_zps341997b5.jpg

After:
IMG_2678_zps8b773c92.jpg

And how it all looks
IMG_2680_zps56ff9f24.jpg

Then for my birthday my mates decided to treat me to some K-Tec carbon spoiler ends and also some carbon spats. I think they really make a difference to the look of the car.

IMG_2671_zps3012a7a6.jpg
IMG_2695_zpsf2f5a489.jpg
IMG_2701_zps18c0ee7e.jpg

The rear end was bugging me as the rear wiper just seemed to ruin the looks, so I ordered a flush glass grommet from Germany and de-wiped that sucker :tongueout:

Close-Up
IMG_2702_zpsf71a13cf.jpg

IMG_2704_zpsa4517d09.jpg

And one last photo of how she looks at the minute

IMG_2697_zps2df24977.jpg

Ive not got much else planned for the time being, except a full detail including machine polish and a photoshoot to show of the results.

Anyway thanks for looking and I hope you like what I've done so far. Cheers guys