Matt's GW 200

Been a while but im back

So ive been offline for quite some time as ive just brought my first house, and they seem to take up more time than my car does.
On top of helping my mate run his clio in the Michelin Clio Cup Race Series, Ive not had much time on my hands.
Never the less im back with a brief update, for the time being.

Thanks for all the comments so far btw.

Fitted the carbon door sills from Mr.F

photo1_zps3c6dd153.jpg
photo2_zpsa4eae106.jpg

Got round to carbon wrapping my dial surround

photo3_zpsde8410f6.jpg

And not really an addition but finally had time to give it its first clean in over 3 months

photo4_zps90af8870.jpg

Got a selection of parts back from Si @ SprayShack and are ready for fitting this weekend. I will post photos as soon as there on :smile:

Thanks for following so far

Thanks [MENTION=51641]iMak[/MENTION].

Still got loads I want to wrap on the interior, just trying to decide on the colours :smile:

[MENTION=4808]decon[/MENTION]

How do you like the feeling of the H&R's and the spacers? Are you using extended bolts? Or bolted the spacers to the hubs and used the existing bolts to bolt the wheels to the spacers?

Hopefully can pull the trigger on the springs and spacers tonight. Just want to be convinced a bit more!

And btw, do you know which HID bulb type you have put in the projectors? H1 or H7?

[MENTION=51641]iMak[/MENTION]
I personally love the H&R's and spacers, still handles great and sits great. I was hesitant at first and spent a while looking at other peoples set-up's etc, finally decided on what ive got and not looked back.
I went for the eibach bolt on hubcentric spacers, so you bolt the spacers to the hubs with bolts supplied and bolt your wheels to the spacer using existing wheel bolts.

Ooo now there's a question, its been a while but off the top of my head the projector headlights run H1 dipped beam. I seem to remember there being a few threads in the "technical" "body work & exterior lights" section, might be worth having a troll through to get a definite answer.

Many thanks mate. I think I'm convinced now to pull the trigger[emoji4]

Oh yeah, did you use canbus harness or relay harness for the HID's?

What a cracking car you've got [MENTION=4808]decon[/MENTION], i love all the mods you've done! You've insipired me to carry on with mine lol did you get the carbon spats from k-tec?? I want some side skirts but have just seen yours and really like the look of them! Bonnet looks great mate! How difficult was wrapping the dial surround?? Cheers :smile:

Thanks [MENTION=50774]Batesyt200[/MENTION] Really appreciate it mate :smile: If your only in Loughborough we will have to try and meet up sometime?

The carbon spats where off ebay. They don't appear to be listed atmo, but they come back from time to time and I think they where only about £50.

Wrapping the dial surround wasn't fun! Ive done quite alot of vinyl wrapping on various cars and this was not my favourite piece. It doesn't help that the plastic is slightly textured as the vinyl doesn't stick that well.

What a cracking car you've got @decon, i love all the mods you've done! You've insipired me to carry on with mine lol did you get the carbon spats from k-tec?? I want some side skirts but have just seen yours and really like the look of them! Bonnet looks great mate! How difficult was wrapping the dial surround?? Cheers :smile:

Yeah deffo [MENTION=4808]decon[/MENTION] I didn't realise you were that close! Lol would like to see it in person :tongueout:

Really? That's a bargin... Will have to keeps my eye for some then, really like the look of um!

Ahh yeah could imagine it wasn't the easiest thing to wrap! I've never really tried wrapping, got some bits I want to do though so going to give it ago lol

[MENTION=50774]Batesyt200[/MENTION] / Sweet, will have to arrange a little mini meet :smile: Yeah I love the look of them, and for the price....why the hell not.

A lot of patience and perseverance is needed when wrapping, just take your time and ensure to use a heat gun (or hair dryer) to stretch the vinyl.
[MENTION=29138]Chris91[/MENTION] / Thanks mate, got another little detail at home just screaming to be fitted, along with some new gloss black door handles.

Small Update

So there I was working away in the studio a couple of weeks ago, until the company chairman walks in saying someones just hit your car! At first I thought he was joking, but no...... unfortunately he wasn't! To say the least I was not in a good mood for the rest of the day.

Damage is: Wheel and center cap heavily scuffed, a few minor scuffs to the wing, and a nice scuff on the front bumper.

D850D579-5B49-45EC-BAA0-6ADC6E0CA23A_zpszsb2uvgy.jpg

We have gone through the insurance of the guy who hit me and im getting all the work carried out at my garages thankfully.

Anyway even though this is going on, decided to add the few new bits I had lying around today :smile:

Gloss black door handles. Its only a small change but really added to the look of the car!
8FC3E3BE-C7DD-47A1-A49A-4B1360AAA44C_zpsi1zyytud.jpg
A3DC7C60-16BD-4868-9A29-A31D2D08A175_zpsbjn4b4rx.jpg

And then this little beauty, custom rear badge. This thing turned out so well.
42380CDE-2688-4A16-9803-0AA5C2E3AB50_zpsrh2rphhp.jpg
E48A335D-EA53-4978-B884-CA89ED639DE7_zpsnh3xvxbq.jpg

Massive thanks to Si at Spray Shack once again for doing some incredible work.

Up next on the todo list is to get all the damage repaired, then make some changes to the interior :smile: