Megane 250&265 air intake

using pipercross panel filter, think the only other panel filter available is bmc. as for induction kits, the 250/265 setup is better than the 225/230 setup, few people have had there cars used in development for an induction kit, one was itg, and they couldnt get no gains. best to do is fit panel filter, and remove the insulation out of the box. ive also heard the 250s have a resonator box behind the drivers headlight somewhere, then they later took it off for the 265 how true it is i dont know. something i may look into about removing.

BMC panel filter here. I originally wanted an ITG but they dont list the 250/265 on their product list, people have said the 225/230 will fit but i didnt like the prospect of forcing something not designed to fit. I also didnt remove the airbox foam at the same time as its a pain to refit if you decide you dont like it.

I couldnt find any trace of a resinator box when i searched my 250 Cups engine bay Ryan.

Last edited:
its suppose to be hiden under the fuse box behind/under the drivers headlight, someone on meganesport.net hads his bumper off on a 265 (trophy or normal 265 i dont know) and noticed there wasnt one, and when he enquired about it at renault, the 250s suppose to have it and recon the 265 didnt have it, maybe this is why the 265 is suppose to be louder

could do with the airbox layout/diagram. anyone know where we can get one?

could do with the airbox layout/diagram. anyone know where we can get one?

I dont think there is one yet. At least i havent spotted one.

The closest i can find is the mounting instructions for the Injen induction kit
http://www.meganers.fr/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=53&t=28625

Topic discussing it here:
http://www.meganesport.net/community/showthread.php?58722-Cold-Air-Intake-Megane-250
Or the Mulgari alternative:
http://www.meganesport.net/community/showthread.php?58776-mulgari-rs250-induction-kit

using pipercross panel filter, think the only other panel filter available is bmc. as for induction kits, the 250/265 setup is better than the 225/230 setup, few people have had there cars used in development for an induction kit, one was itg, and they couldnt get no gains. best to do is fit panel filter, and remove the insulation out of the box. ive also heard the 250s have a resonator box behind the drivers headlight somewhere, then they later took it off for the 265 how true it is i dont know. something i may look into about removing.

its suppose to be hiden under the fuse box behind/under the drivers headlight, someone on meganesport.net hads his bumper off on a 265 (trophy or normal 265 i dont know) and noticed there wasnt one, and when he enquired about it at renault, the 250s suppose to have it and recon the 265 didnt have it, maybe this is why the 265 is suppose to be louder

I've been trying to investigate this as it was a trophy that had a bump and there isn't too much info on them :001_rolleyes:

Anyway the only way i can be 100% certain would be to remove my bumper. However i believe the 265/Trophy do have the resonator as i can see a lip sticking out way down in the engine bay that resembles the rough size and shape of one.

ive just brought a megane 3 250/265 workshop manual off ebay. hopefully when the disc arrives it will shed some light

Team Clio197.net to the Megane technical rescue!

I did the fitting Clio Recaros to the Meg guide so im off the hook and now if Ryan solves this.... what are you going to contribute Mentalpen? :wink:

According to renaults system it's there but what's the chances it wasn't updated?

a8amemym.jpg

And looks to be but its hidden in the bumped so can't be 100% sure.

Team Clio197.net to the Megane technical rescue!

I did the fitting Clio Recaros to the Meg guide so im off the hook and now if Ryan solves this.... what are you going to contribute Mentalpen? :wink:

Set the fastest laps on harrys laptimer at brands indi and Bedford SW.
How fast and Donnington national are my next targets :wink:

Back to original topic. I've opted for a BMC panel filter although apparently there's no gain to be had from it as the OEM filter works perfectly.

On a side note anybody got reviews of the airbox foam removed?

i changed my filter and removed the insulation the day i picked her up. but it does sound inductiony low in the revs. it should sound better the like say the 197 with a panel filter due to the sound pipe on the megane. also fitting a forge recirc valve makes the dumping sound a tad sharper

Is the forge recirc valve a tricky job? Looking at the turbos location I wouldn't fancy working on it.

looks more tricky than it is, just remove recirc valve pipe and surrounding pipes and sound pipe. i ended up reusing the standard hex bolts as the one bolt location you cant fit the alan pin in due to the thickness of the alan pin head.

I lasted a year before modding. I wouldnt do it straight off the bat so you get used to the car in standard guise and can appreciate any changes you make. They are afterall very capable cars in oem guise.

Being relatively new the selection is still very limited beyond the usual suspects:
- exhaust
- induction
- remap
- coilovers (if you have the ££££)

Theres only a handful of aftermarket wheels for example.
(edit) i highly recommend EBC Yellowstuffs if you havent already. Ebay is the cheapest i found.

Last edited:
Any other benefits other than slightly better noise?

Well the standard is a diaphram type, whereas the forge is spring/piston type, after time especially with more boost can weaken and leak. I brought mine in prepping for remap as a just precaution., wil be doing the actuator aswel later on. I had it on the rollers before and after but of different rollers. 257bhp on one, then 279bhp on another with forge recirc fitted. I know it accurate thou.