Megane DRL blade on 200?

(I have no idea if this has been attempted/covered before but a quick search didnt provide any results).

Looking at Renaults new accessory offering of DRL's got me thinking:
http://www.renault.co.uk/ownerservices/accessories/group/clio2009/category/1/accessories.aspx

I checked the RenaultSport parts catalogue and can see the "F1 Blade" is a seperate part to the rest of the bumper on the 200:
http://www.renault-sport.de/fileadmin/Startseite/Uploads_Teileservice/Clio_Katalog_Jan_2011.pdf
Page #57: 7711162547 (is the 200 blade)

So this to me would imply the Megane's "F1 Blade" is also a seperate part to the rest of the bumper on the 250/265? Has anyone attempted this before, or taken any measurements to see if it would potentially fit?

Really can't see it fitting very well, but as Will said if your brave with a cutter then anything is possible but they are totally different.

832f6_megane-rs-front.jpg

clio-dundee-6.jpg

I think if you took a section out of the middle/lower part of the Meg' then you'd get somewhere but you'd still need to borrow the outside edges of the 200 blade for it to match up with the gloss black section on the bumper. It'd be a right ballache, but nothing's impossible.

Might be easier to cut into the 200 blade at the two lower sections and insert the DRLs into that. :wink:

Or just get the megane drl's and fit into the clio blade on the flat bit, although the megane blade is fatter and has a squarer profile so they wouldn't be a perfect fit

Would be nice to see, I'd imagine the new RS clio will have them.

Also that's my car in your post Fernandez :smiley:

Sorry i see what you about the shape! Not having the foglights on the cup made me gloss over the extra curve the Clio's has :worried:

why not just use the Clio DRL's?
I saw my first one with DRL's yesterday. Almost identical to the meganes

Would be interesting to see... not to my taste not to keen on these DRL's... you have lights. turn them on. dont need extra lights.

but hey ho! And as said if your good enough with fibre glass and filler you can do owt, my mate heavily modifies cars and his rear bumper is now a cross between a civic type r, Focus Rs and Audi (can't rmember what audi though)