Megane rs 250 5k

Hi guys,

I came across this on Pistonheads Classifieds this evening.

I am sure it's a wrong typo on the price as it's a 09 plate Megane Sport 250 (brand new shape) with just over 23k on the clock all for 5k.

Either that or it's the wrong pics and they have put the brand new megane model on their add instead of the old bum back megane 225.

I bet there is finance on it or something as that is too good to be true. You can get a decent mk2 182 for 5k.

Shame the Megane sport wasn't in Liquid Yellow that would be nice.

Take a look

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/3850432.htm

Chris

I can't belive people fall for this scam! If you contact them they'll say something along the lines of.... I'm away on a ship at the moment, you send me the money and my shofar will deliver it to your door! When you say you'll pick it up, they say you cant there f*****g w*****s! They must make money from it as their always popping up!

I think the same guys. I mean I would love a LY Megane Sport 265 trophy but I would rather buy it properly not through a scam like this. I just thought I would put it on here to see what people thought.

I contacted seller to see if it was real, this his his response.
Paul,

I still have the car. It's a great car, never involved in any accident, and has full service history.*
I lost my UK job and moved back home in Germany. The car is here, in Munich with me.
As you probably noticed, the price is rather low. But since it's a right hand drive car, not even a dealer will offer me a better price here. The fact that it's still UK registered doesn't help either. I am the registered keeper and there is no outstanding finance on the vehicle. The car is in excellent condition, the bodywork is immaculate, no scratches, dents or hidden defects. The interior looks like new (non-smoker car).
The final price is £ 4.600 + delivery to your door. For a delivery quote please send me your address (delivery won't exceed £ 300).
Because it's a large amount involved and I'm not located in UK anymore, for our safety we should do the transaction through ebay .
Please let me know if you want to go ahead and I will explain the whole process.*
I also attached some pics...
All the best! Erik Muller

09 WHITE*Renault Megan RS Sport, 250 BHP, Manual, 24K miles on the clock.
*PistonHeads have contacted me to warn me, this is there response.
Hi,

Our records show that you recently replied to the advert '09 Renault Megan RS Sport 250' (3850432) on PistonHeads.

This advert has since been removed as we have reason to believe that it may not be genuine.

We strongly recommend that you ignore any contact from the 'seller' and under no circumstances transfer any money.

For more information please see our fraud warnings page: http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/warnings.asp or http://www.vstag.co.uk

Sorry for any inconvenience this causes.

Thank you for using our site and best of luck finding your new car.

Regards,
The PistonHeads Team

Yeah i seen it and though the guy had just missed out a 1 before his asking price.

Seems like a scam, why not just come over here for a weekend and sell it to a dealer for more...