megs DA.?

jase

Founder
Platinum Member
used my DA for the first time today due to the weather.
noticed that if you press on it stops spinning. is this right.?
it still vibrates but doesnt spin.
you can stop it spinning with your hand too...:huh:

Depends how hard you are pressing on it mate. Also, depends on what pad you are using too. It's easier to stop it spinning while using a finishing pad on the body. Some people draw a line on the yellow part of the backing plate so they can be totally sure it's actually turning and not just vibrating.

The G220 can cause a bit of an optical illusion at times as it doesn't stick to a perfect rotation - it's random oribital to some extent so as to not inflict too much damage for the average new user.

I was using a cutting pad.
Anything more than just resting it on the car and it starts to slow it.
And it deffinately does stop spinning.

I was using a cutting pad.
Anything more than just resting it on the car and it starts to slow it.
And it deffinately does stop spinning.

What speeds does it stop at? Naturally it will slow down when you actually touch the body of the car as the panel will cause resistance against the pad.

I know that some G220's have had various issues in the past and are swapped (if still in warranty) very easily by Megs themselves.

Have you read through DaveKG's guide to DA machines over on detailingworld? I would be inclined to say technique isn't up to scratch before blaming the machine.

Does not sound right that Jase. I'd get it checked if i was you. To stop my megs g220 id have to press so hard that id be in serious danger of burning the paint lol