Memory Stick USB Reader

I've got the Bluetooth stereo which has the USB port.....put loads of mp3 stuff on an 8GB memory stick but the stereo will only read half of the files....annoying....especially when the same memory stick in my partners car is showing all the files on her Sony system.....anyone know what the issue might be?

Are any of the files copyright protected? On old my Sony cd/mp3 it wouldn't read protected files, things I had bought on iTunes etc.

Maybe the software is only capable of reading 4GB memory sticks. Older versions of windows would only detect 1GB memory sticks.

If you can, try a 16GB stick and see if you see a quarter of the files

^^^thought this myself but the stick is only quater full.....might just reformat it and try again....is is possible to update the stereo softward...certainly implies that this can be done on the menu..........

Can I just add a point which may of been overlooked. Some devices only read memory sticks depending on how it is formatted. Example... Xbox/Playstation only reads FAT32 which allow files only upto around 4mb to be transfered (ANNOYING). They dont recognise NTFS which would allow files of more than 4mb. This would make a difference if you have your music encoded at a higher bitrate.

Also it may have nothing to do with it whatsoever but its worth noting.

^^ thought about this too, but the system does see the entire library on my Ipod....you have this system in a gordini don't you? How do you find it? I find it a bit cumbersome compared to Sony xplod stuff....

I plugged an iPhone (3GS 32gb) into the USB and my phone did not recognise being plugged in, nor did the stereo. It didn't charge but popped up with a message saying not compatible device. I run my music off the bluetooth and hasn't failed to play anything yet. There was a brief moment when the phone function didnt work or I could skip tracks, seems it was a glitch.

Can't really say much more about a flash drive I have not tried. I have a 8gb somewhere but cant find it, they are so small!

I use a 16Gb USB drive in my multifunction tunepoint thingie & it appears to find everything - I have done the update to the latest firmware.

There are limits on the number of files it will allow, although I dont remember where I read that off the top of my head & it was never clear to me if that was files in one folder or total files in all folders.

N.