Mk4 clios

I think it will sell really well to us younger generation, as its quite quirky, look forward to test driving an RS with a view to purchase come September :smiley:

Not on the inside, They've shaved off the roof in the rear and lost leg room front and rear. Lowering the roof has also reduced all round visibility for taller drivers.

Externally it is quite obviously larger. Internally the feedback from my wife was that there was more room, and it was more comfortable as a passenger. Thankfully I am short and the driver - so it doesn't bother me. Next time I am in mt mums mk3 I will be in a better position to comment on my perception of the available space. I did notice that the boot seemed larger.

the new clio is only longer than the clio3 but it is by far a lot lower!

the rear space for "three" as it has 3 belts is really poor and so is the headroom

the rear doors are also awkward to close and so is the hatch by using the handle...very poorly thought out....

good as a 5dr "family" hatch but can it really be a "hot-hatch" with 5 drs :nope:

99% of the time i am the only one in mine so why would i want an extra set of doors for - not only that renault must of known it would be a big NO-NO as they have tried to hide them :@

at this moment in time even if i had the money i wouldnt buy one...no to 5drs and no to dct only :zap:

The sport just needed flared arches front and rear and the vents on the front arches for me to consider it

I actually agree with that. If they can do that to make it look more aggressive and stand out from the normal clios it might have more appeal. They really do need to lose the extra doors. As a 3 door and with that, I think it would be a nice RS model and would win more people over.

I'd still like to test drive one but I won't be buying another clio.

Dear 'car god' this one is an absolute no. What exactly was Renault thinking???

I mean I didn't like (and still dont) the RS200 from the beginning but I don't consider it by any means ugly. It's not ugly at all, I just prefer the 197 all the way. If the 197 wasn't around I'd definitely buy the 200 no question about that.

But the new one....I mean...the proportions are just wrong in my eyes! No no no and no again. And I'm also quite certain that it won't be a grower either.

Last edited:
Saw a mk4 Clio on the road today

Have to say it is much nicer in the flesh than any picture.

Not sure what the official name for the colour is but I call it 'piss yellow' and the bumpers and side mouldings were gloss black. Actually looks nice.

The front of the car is great in the flesh, although this was a dci not a sport, and the rear is totally forgettable. The car looks much bigger than a mk3 but I thought it was based on the same floor plan?

Overall not bad and not the marmite car the mk3 200 was when first released.

Watch this..

http://www.autocar.co.uk/car-video/video-renault-clio-rs-200-turbo-vs-toyota-gt86

Tells me all I need to know... Not as good as the current 200.

Think the OP was talking about the MK4 non-RS Clio bud. All MK 4 RS chat is in here:

http://www.clio197.net/forum/showthread.php?p=384561#post384561

Anyhoo! I've yet to see any MK4s on the road yet that havent been demo cars. I love them tbh (Though all wheel options are hideous).

We get ours on the last week in April.

Have to say it is much nicer in the flesh than any picture.

Not sure what the official name for the colour is but I call it 'piss yellow' and the bumpers and side mouldings were gloss black. Actually looks nice.

The front of the car is great in the flesh, although this was a dci not a sport, and the rear is totally forgettable. The car looks much bigger than a mk3 but I thought it was based on the same floor plan?

Overall not bad and not the marmite car the mk3 200 was when first released.

p!ss yellow!,hahaha

what are the other options,

poodle pooh white
zimmer frame silver
post box red
crow black

Ive been watching some videos with the RS in and i actually really like one....but all that tech in something made by Renault....im not convinced

Seen a couple of the standard ones on the road now...all red though!