Mobile phones and warranty/replacements?

daz

Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Looking for some 'in the know' knowledge here please...

I have a Nokia X6 on contract with O2, the phone is presently less than a year old, I've had it 12 months in March.

So, anyway, the screen started playing up about a month ago now, so I sent it off to O2 who had it for two weeks and returned it to me with a new screen and all seemed well. Upon using the phone I discovered that it had now developed a new 'fault' whilst away for repair. It now seems like the earpiece is loose within it's casing and it's very echoey (SP?) when making/receiveng calls.

I have spoken to O2 about this and they have agreed to replace the phone FOC, but have stated that it will be replaced with a refurbished model and not a brand new phone.

I'm not happy with this as I am ultimately paying a contract for a brand new phone, and they're trying to fob me off with a refurb...is this right? Am I within my rights to request a brand new phone?

Surely if a product is faulty within the 12 months warranty then it should be replaced with a new unit? :blink:

Probably depends on the warranty wording, any documentation on the actual warranty itself?

Not really no, I can have a look but O2 state that if it's within 28 days they will replace like for like, outside 28 days it's a refurb unit... :worried:

Similar Thread Suggestions