Moving on from AD08R

I know, another tyre thread but I'd like some up to date opinions.

I have a full set of AD08R but due to moving house a track day is unlikely to happen this year. As I have now nearly worn out the fronts is there a need for a tyre like this just for fast road? There is still plenty on the back but I am finding it hard to justify the extra cash when I could change the fronts to something like Conti 5s or Eagle F1s?

So... 1. Am I likely to notice a huge difference on the road if I change down from AD08R? 2. What tyre would you replace them with just for fast road use?

Thanks for your advice!

Go to something like Bridgestone Potenza RE070 which would be somewhere in between those mentioned above. Only available in a 225 or 235 width though.

RE002 (although I see now there is a RE003) - will be my next road tyres having spent a year on AD08R's.

However I have finally got setup with 2 sets of wheels. Like you my fronts wore and my backs had loads of tred, what I did though was get setup with 2 sets of wheels. So something like a RE002 will be my normal road tyre and wet track day. My AD08R's will get finished off properly on dry track use and I'll probably not replace them to be honest, might instead step up to a FZ201.

however for a direct comparison between AD08R and the Conti 5's which I have now as my road tyres (I had 2 spare so cheapest route rather than buy the RE002's now), is that the front end is not as direct with an initial slower rate of turn in. Grip of course less but on the road this isn't an issue if you are driving with any modicum of sence to be honest.

Nankang NS2R's are the closet rival to the Yoko AD08R's. I've had both. Yoko just a touch better in the dry and waaaay better in the wet.