Muchos Headlight Bulb Advice Appreciated!

My Nimbus 197 is booked in for service in early April and while it's in at the dealers I've managed to negotiate a cracking deal for them to supply and fit projector headlights to replace the standard silver ones.

I need some advice about what buulbs to use in them. The dealers say I will need an extra bulb putting in the driving lights (I know they won't work) but I don't want to pay dealer prices. What do I need and where is the best place to get them from?

Also I want to swap the indicator bulbs from orange to clear. Am I right in thinking the ones that people on here are fitting are Silvertec? Again I need to know which ones and the cheapest place to get them from.

Cheers in advance guys!

You need H7 bulbs for cornering lights and high beam then H1 for dipped beam.

The standard chrome lights have H7 for dipped and high beam so just get them to swap these over.

So, you just need some H1 bulbs for the dipped beam. Assuming you want to stick with halogen bulbs rather than HID I can recommend philips x-treme bulbs which give a great output and are a bit whiter than standard lights. You can get them cheap on ebay but risk getting counterfeit bulbs, otherwise just stick headlight bulbs in google and have a look through all the companies.

And Silvertec are good for the indicators, about £10 for 2 in halfords or a bit cheaper from ebay

The dealer has just phoned me up to tell me both headlights are in stock and while I was on the phone I thought I'd just double check that I need to transfer my H7 bulbs across and that I just need to buy a set of H1 bulbs. They went away to check and when they came back said I need another set of H7's not H1's. Now I'm confused! :confused1:

Can somebody double check for me so that I don't get the wrong bulbs. Cheers in advance!

Your current silver headlights use H7 for dipped beam and H7 for high beam

The projectors use H7 for cornering lights, H1 for dipped beam and H7 for high beam.

Hope that clears it up

Sorry Ben for asking so many questions but do you mean that my current lights have two H7 bulbs in them already, hence why I just need to buy a set of H1's?

I'm going to upgrade to Philips Xtreme anyway so does that mean I need to get one pair of Xtreme H7's and one pair of Xtreme H1's and just use a pair of my existing H7's as "dummys" in the cornering lights as they won't be wired up?

Cheers Ben! I didn't want to get to the dealers and end up paying their prices for standard bulbs - I'll get some Xtremes ordered now!!

Thanks for your help :thumbup1: