My 2006 Deep Black 197

Discussion in 'Gallery' started by Helpimonfire, Jan 28, 2017.

1. Helpimonfire

Helpimonfire Paid Member

Fakenham, Norfolk
    2006 Clio 197
    So here it is. Hopefully I'll keep this thread updated but I'm not very good at that because I don't really do much in the way of modifications... I rarely clean my cars either so we'll have to see how this goes! :think:

Because I know it makes you all cringe to see a dirty car...
    OfFg49p.jpg
    YVHMGL7.jpg
    (Excuse the missus's dirty 1.2 Mk2... She loves it though!)

I know, minging right? So today as it was good weather I broke out the cleaning products. I don't go as far as "detailing" but I go a bit further than throwing some water over it and calling it a day like my missus does! :tearsofjoy:

I need to replace the faded 'leccy tape as it's brown and not red now. At least I assume the previous owner was going for the French flag anyway...
    f8SvTwo.jpg
    xCcoNvi.jpg
    wYmnXBM.jpg
    TC9Mgit.jpg
    1hr2Z8n.jpg
    FnSZUnz.jpg

So far the mods include... H&R Lowering springs and some 20mm spacers. Also removed the old Cabasse Auditorium head unit and changer, so I can have Bluetooth and USB connectivity. I can do a How To on that if anyone needs it.

It needs a machine polish at some point, it's had a bit of work done as there's some overspray on the bottom of the drivers door and there's a few marks here and there, interior needs a bit of love but it'll take time! The dealer I bought it from has left polish all over the black trim which needs addressing too. One step at a time! :smiley:

2. sevenfourate

sevenfourate Devotee of OCD Paid Member

Lowestoft, England.
    Racing Blue RS-200
    You might not call it a detail.

But i'll say it definitely looks better in the end pictures !!

Keep the updates coming.........

Helpimonfire likes this.
  3. Helpimonfire

Helpimonfire Paid Member

Fakenham, Norfolk
    2006 Clio 197
    It's just a shame that it'll be filthy by the time I get home from Brighton tomorrow!

4. Pav

Pav Moderator

Manchester
    albi blue 197 with boost
    looks better clean..gotta love a bit of a DB..

Helpimonfire likes this.
  5. Chris

Chris Bad cop Administrator

6. ///M

///M Gold Member

R27, ///M CS, Exige V6
    Great pics. Looks gorgeous.

7. Big Ben

Big Ben Paid Member

Herts
    Amazing what a bit of soap and water can do!

Welcome to the forum Martin

8. Helpimonfire

Helpimonfire Paid Member

Fakenham, Norfolk
    2006 Clio 197
    ae9LDDX.jpg

We met another 197 today :french:
    Answers on a postcard!

Big Ben likes this.
  9. Helpimonfire

Helpimonfire Paid Member

Fakenham, Norfolk
    2006 Clio 197
    [​IMG]

Found out the KTEC filter is already in my airbox. Saves me a few quid.

On another note, with the projector headlights, I found Osram Nightbreakers were a bit pants. Just swapped them for some Philips Xtreme Vision 3700k ultra whites. They still look yellow but they're brighter... So we'll see tonight!

10. Helpimonfire

Helpimonfire Paid Member

Fakenham, Norfolk
    2006 Clio 197
    zHL7eeE.jpg

I suppose if I actually shared the image properly it'd make more sense

Looks fairly new too, doesn't have the usual split rubber edge that I often read about. I'll eventually swap it out for an ITG panel or similar but that will do for now

11. Big Ben

Big Ben Paid Member

Herts
    Bonus find that... No need to swap for ITG imo

12. Helpimonfire

Helpimonfire Paid Member

Fakenham, Norfolk
    2006 Clio 197
    This weekends project is wheel related. I keep seeing pictures of another members 197 in black with black wheels so I thought I'd do mine the same, it does look rather mean. I went with a satin black but I'll probably end up putting a decent gloss lacquer over it. I got the satin paint cheap from work :smiley:

3QgA1g8.jpg
    Not perfect but eventually these are going to become track wheels, they're kerbed and a bit gross so they'll one day have a set of track tyres thrown on.
    rEjWdgo.jpg
    Once they'd dried the paint had crazed a little in places which wasn't ideal but given that they're not show and shine wheels, I'm ok with it.

LYIS8Tt.jpg
    Took her out for a spirited drive along the North Norfolk coast tonight too. SOOOOO MUCH FUN!
    Will be cleaned tomorrow but I think the wheels looks alright for a first attempt at a refurb.

13. Johnny 99

Johnny 99 Platinum Member

Inverness
    Clio Renaultsport 200
    Satin black is correct original spec for these Speedline wheels. That said I do agree with you that perhaps gloss looks better!

14. Big Ben

Big Ben Paid Member

Herts
    Pretty good effort from a rattle can mate.

Detailers on here will have heart attack when they see the dirt on your car:grinning:

15. Helpimonfire

Helpimonfire Paid Member

Fakenham, Norfolk
    2006 Clio 197
    This was the road that did it. Such a filthy road but so rewarding. You can pretty much do the whole thing only using 2nd 3rd and 4th. :french:

Attached Files:

16. Big Ben

Big Ben Paid Member

Herts
    Nice area. I've been up that way a few times

17. Robert_197

Robert_197 Paid Member

None
    was it a rally course? Lol

Helpimonfire likes this.
  18. Helpimonfire

Helpimonfire Paid Member

Fakenham, Norfolk
    2006 Clio 197
    Close! It's an awesome road, even better during daylight hours so I may go again today...

19. Moono16v

Moono16v

Megane 250.
    That would be great if you could!

Looks superb in black!

20. Helpimonfire

Helpimonfire Paid Member

Fakenham, Norfolk
    2006 Clio 197
    Wheels are finished and I gave it a good clean today.

lp2FsJV.jpg
    6xNJIeV.jpg

I'm still not 100% on the satin black wheels yet. Time will tell but I have my eye on another set so we shall see...

I finally broke into my Meguairs cleaning kit today. I'm impressed. I've always used cheap, bulk products when I was valeting for an accident repair site.

I did break out the T-Cut to get rid of some swirl marks, I wouldn't normally but the other kit I have is a bit harsh to use by hand. I need a polisher...

Jimmy likes this.