My 260bhp Clio mod!

SO I was right then!!!

V V nice, 60BHP 50BHP shot doesnt always add up to 50BHP of power though!

I have had mine sat here for ages.... but had oter issues as you know, I am tempted to DIY.. this one DIY or did you pay for fiting?

I struggle to put power down now so how have you sorted it so that the wheels dont spin up? What RPM and & does it come in at?

Does this mean you now rev the car to the redline lol???

It was fitted by active nitrous, local company. Usually do drag racing applications but for £500 they were happy to help lol. the shot kicks in as soon as u floor it by a tps sensor, wheelspin is helped by the controller which delivers less nitrous at lower rpm. The only place I have trouble is 1st to 2nd. Dyno run and 0-60 times coming soon.

That is immense Ben, good lad! I cant wait to see the figures it produces! Did it have much of an impact on your insurance? If it is 60bhp then that is nearly a 30% increase in power which is going to be amazing along the straights!

Only that the tanks as empty as my wallet at the moment lol.

Im currently waiting on a more advanced nitrous controller with an rpm window switch so i can set it up to squirt only when im out of the powerband so it can be used more widely with better nitrous economy and faster results.

Vids and dyno run coming when its refilled....

As proof of its effectiveness though heres my victim list so far:

Foucs ST
Civic Type R
Astra VXR
Megane R26.R
Vectra VXR

And of course my proudest moment, a bright green 300bhp Focus Rs :wink: owner was not impressed he got beaten by a clio! lol.

Last edited:
As proof of its effectiveness though heres my victim list so far:

Foucs ST
Civic Type R
Astra VXR
Megane R26.R
Vectra VXR

And of course my proudest moment, a bright green 300bhp Focus Rs :wink: owner was not impressed he got beaten by a clio! lol.

Animal:tongueout: does nitrous improve top end aswell? or just Accel?

Animal:tongueout: does nitrous improve top end aswell? or just Accel?

Will just be acceleration as the 197 is limited by gearing more than anything, which in fairness is what the aim is - you use the acceleration everyday, but never max the speed!

I've only had the balls to hold it on all the way up through 6th gear but it hit the limiter in 6th lol so gearing limits it :worried:

Anyone guessing on how long my engine lasts haha?

I've only had the balls to hold it on all the way up through 6th gear but it hit the limiter in 6th lol so gearing limits it :worried:

Anyone guessing on how long my engine lasts haha?

just think how clean your piston tops will be :001_rolleyes:

lol are you running forged rods and pistons? if you are then the engine will outlive you lol

:huh:maybe a worthwhile mod if you don't want ure rods to hit the underside of ure bonnet.

:huh:maybe a worthwhile mod if you don't want ure rods to hit the underside of ure bonnet.

Im selling it within the year anyway, so not really wanting to put anymore dosh into it. Had enough of the shocking reliability, i'd be better off with a 200,000 mile Renault 5 turbo lol.

Im selling it within the year anyway, so not really wanting to put anymore dosh into it. Had enough of the shocking reliability, i'd be better off with a 200,000 mile Renault 5 turbo lol.

lol Ben, :smiley:

you really have had some reliability issues aint ya,

Someone had the cheek to turn round yesterday and say its part of the character lol :@

Now i can put up with alot from a car being an enthusiast, but i know i look after my motor and so much trouble with just 7k on the clock is pushing my patience!