My ass sticks up !!

Hi all. Have a Clio 200 FF with Cup suspension. Awesome little car and I love the way it handles however the suspension height just looks wrong with a very nose heavy, ass in the air stance. I've seen a few 200's that look like this. Wa wondering if anyone has fitted lowering springs to the rear only to help this issue. I am worried that if I fit a full set of springs I will end up with the same issue only lower all round but with the back end still higher. Any thoughts welcome.

Dave

I wouldn't fit them solely to the rear, as you'll ruin the handling. One option is of course coilovers, the other cheaper option is the H&R 30mm/40mm springs which lower the rear 10mm more than the front. These apparently work well with the cup shocks.

Seems weird I've never noticed any with bums in the air? I wouldn't say mine is...

Well they are supposed to be nose down to an extent as to keep the rake of the car...

Any pictures would be helpful, you could have a broken spring at the front giving you this impression?

Coilovers would give you more adjustability but at a price.

Thanks for the replies guys. Pic attached, shame it's a bt dirty (i like to say it looks purposeful !!)
Not a big fan of coilovers as I am a bit OCD and would never leave them alone. Plus budget won't allow.
Chris.....not sure what you mean by "keeps the rake of the cat" 14680708_10154653599783234_3485276578540423840_n.jpg

They all have the comedy 4x4 ride height, the Cup less so as it sits slightly lower. Rake is when the nose sits slightly lower, which is what helps to promote turn-in.

Looks perfectly fine in my eyes too!

It'd be a hard one to spot! On a completely different note love red brembos on LY, stand out well... but that's my fault for going standard chassis!

I wasn't saying there is a problem just don't like the normal stance I guess.
RoseWoods93 I like the red calipers too which is why I got the wheels done black.....

Reactions: RossWoods93
Looks perfectly fine in my eyes too!

It'd be a hard one to spot! On a completely different note love red brembos on LY, stand out well... but that's my fault for going standard chassis!

Nothing wrong with painting the calipers red :wink: Brembo or not!

Hilarious article. Surprised something that looks so Mickey Mouse is included on the official site of a company as well respected as Brembo. It just makes them look daft in my opinion.

If you're going to get them done, get them done properly at a reputable company and all is good. That article just smacks of Brembo getting a bee in their bonnet about people changing the colour to something that isn't standard.

I have a Brembo set up on the ///M and they've been repainted. No problems of any sort in 6 years!

:smiley:

Reactions: RossWoods93
Best one is point 5 where they say buy a new Brembo caliper

:smiley:

Exactly mate. Like a jealous ex girlfriend. "What about me???!!!"

or "why spend £300 having them painted when you could buy already painted ones from us for ten times that?"

To the OP, sorry, derailed the thread a bit. Car looks spot on and the rake is totally normal and for a very good reason. Lower it by all means but do it properly or I'd say don't bother. Suspension is not straightforward at all and seemingly small changes can affect handling a lot.

I don't know much about suspension set-up, but I know Renault do, hence why I'm happy with the way mine sits just the way it does. I agree though that there is way too much arch gap for a sports variant, but I can live with that because I like the way the car handles 'out of the box'.

It all depends what you want out of the car - certainly nothing wrong in changing the springs to achieve a better stance, and I think lowered cars look fantastic, especially with spacers. I have no experience of driving a car with this set-up though, so can't comment on how it affects the handling. Plenty of people have lowering springs on though and are very happy.