My car is fubbard!!!!

Woke up and drove my gf home to what almost sounded like my two drivers side disks scratching the whole 8 miles and then went to put my handbrake on and it come up almost vertical and very loose!!!! I teat it like a dream. It's currently in the garage getting looked at I know I needed new pads which could be the cause of the noise I guess but why's the handbrake gone like that!!! Decided I have no luck with cars the next one I buy I'll be buying new!!!!

Any ideas on whY it could be?

how bad where your pads? if they were really low they may have fell out the calipers which will explain why your handbrake comes all the way up, which could be bad news for you as it may have f**ked the caliper

Advise on what happening mate . Hope it's not a case of the calipers &discs ain't knackered .

i think itll just be worn pads mate. or old brake fluid, get ure lines bled and refilled this might cure it.

If your pads were low enough to grind like that I'd be worried the disks were damaged tbh.

Did the handbrake suddenly go vertical, or had it been getting worse gradually?

Grad. But no worrys had the car fully looked over and disks are fine just pads... Thankfully my local garage were very good I use them on a few cars so they fitted me in to be looked at. :smile:
all is good tomo :smile: