197: New to modding cars.

Good evening everyone.

I have a few quick questions that have been playing on my mind and would love to get some answers.

Firstly, I'm thinking of getting a k tec induction kit for my 197. I know looks shouldn't come into it but I much prefer it over the standard panel one that comes in the car. Is this a worth while upgrade for £199.99?

Second, Is getting the Intel manifold port matched and gas flowed worth it? If so I'm guessing new gaskets would be a good idea too?

Lastly, would it be worth the money/time/effort to replace all the rad hoses with silicone ones from the standard in the car? And is it hard to change all 8 of them?

Any help would be much appreciated as I'm a carpenter with little to no knowledge of cars but they've always interested me. Pictures just for because :smile:

Attachments

• 20230708_101054.jpg
    20230708_101054.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 6
  • 20240407_184501.jpg
    20240407_184501.jpg
    4.9 MB · Views: 6
  • 20240407_195230.jpg
    20240407_195230.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 6
Reactions: Sean197 and Big Ben
Good evening everyone.

I have a few quick questions that have been playing on my mind and would love to get some answers.

Firstly, I'm thinking of getting a k tec induction kit for my 197. I know looks shouldn't come into it but I much prefer it over the standard panel one that comes in the car. Is this a worth while upgrade for £199.99?

Second, Is getting the Intel manifold port matched and gas flowed worth it? If so I'm guessing new gaskets would be a good idea too?

Lastly, would it be worth the money/time/effort to replace all the rad hoses with silicone ones from the standard in the car? And is it hard to change all 8 of them?

Any help would be much appreciated as I'm a carpenter with little to no knowledge of cars but they've always interested me. Pictures just for because :smile:

If you want some induction noise then get the K-Tec kit. I looks and sounds good but does not offer much difference in terms of performance.

If you did get the inlet manifolds port matched and gas flowed you might see a tiny increase in power of about 1 to 2 bhp. I got it done for the looks with an anthracite inlet manifold.

I am stlll running the standard hoses and have not got and cracked or leaking pipes.

Reactions: Sean197
If you want some induction noise then get the K-Tec kit. I looks and sounds good but does not offer much difference in terms of performance.

If you did get the inlet manifolds port matched and gas flowed you might see a tiny increase in power of about 1 to 2 bhp. I got it done for the looks with an anthracite inlet manifold.

I am stlll running the standard hoses and have not got and cracked or leaking pipes.
I've only watched the k tec video on the induction and it did sound a little more throaty which is what got me thinking.

I'm the same on the manifold, mine looks awful like it's been sat in salt water for years. Let's say I did those 2 would you say a remap would be needed after or would it be worth getting a sports cat aswell and then a remap?

Honestly, hoses were just for visuals aswell but in my head I think it's a bigger job switching them than I had originally thought. Especially where I have no experience/ anyone to help.

Thanks for the reply.

I didn't get a remap when MS Custom Engineering did my upper and lower manifolds.

If you are going to change your hoses you need to drain the coolant from your system. It is easy enough to do but you will have to endure the chore of getting the retaining clips off and on again for each end of the hose.

Anything can be done with some patience and planning. I rarely do any work on my car as I get @EthanMenace to do it all. But if he can learn how to swap an engine on a drive then I am sure that you can swap out some hoses.