My entry level race car

Seen a few posts about people interested in the clio cup series recently and thought id share the car I've been building to hopefully get into racing which is a true entry level.

The car is a fiesta zetec 1.25 the championship started last year in northern ireland at kirkistown, it was successful and there is not a northern irish championship which races at kirkistown and bishopscourt as well as an irish championship which races at mondello. It provides great low cost entry level close racing, i bought my 98 fiesta zetec lx for £200 as it needed a clutch got one on ebay for £20 quid and fitted. Its nearly ready to race just need to mount seat and harness and bleed brakes and shes ready to go and after replacing all suspension for new parts, roll cage, seat, harness, plumbed in fire extinguisher etc ive managed to keep it under £1500, my first race is hopefully 25th may

so heres some pics for anyone interested

photostream

photostream

pics dont seem to work heres my flickr account http://www.flickr.com/photos/92461431@N06/8717827289/in/photostream/

Last edited:
cheers mate, only modifications are safety gear ie perspex windows (made myself for £20) fire extinguisher system, roll cage, seat, harness, cut off switch etc Then engine standard no mods, suspension up to 60mm springs on oe struts etc brakes standard discs race pads, exhaust own choice from cat back, and a control tyre being toyo r888 tyres on a ford 14inch wheel 6 tyres per season

cheers mate, only modifications are safety gear ie perspex windows (made myself for £20) fire extinguisher system, roll cage, seat, harness, cut off switch etc Then engine standard no mods, suspension up to 60mm springs on oe struts etc brakes standard discs race pads, exhaust own choice from cat back, and a control tyre being toyo r888 tyres on a ford 14inch wheel 6 tyres per season

Ah I'm glad they aren't making you use normal road tyres :smiley:

Sounds like fun, good for learning to drive smooth and maintain speed I guess and cheap as I bet spares are 10 a penny.

Good luck!

Yea all about keeping the cost down still not cheap with race fees and the fia safety gear but as cheap as it possibly can be and everyone is close together so its great racing. spares are cheap but soon adds up wish id room for a spare car would be far cheaper
thanks