Nankang NS2R, are they any good?

Tyre time for me and after religiously having Conti 5's for years I'm feeling something a little cheaper, but not compromising grip and performance.

I've heard relatively good things about the Nankang NS2's albeit the road noise which I think I can live with.

Anyone got any first hand experiences or recommendations?

NS2'S are Great Tyre's for the price ran them on my meg and Clio and a friend ran them on his s2000 :thumbsup:

You'll probably find they'll go up in price, just cheaper ATM until more have used them and reviews are made

I think I'll try a set and if I don't like them, I can always change after 6 months. Just hope they grip as well as the Conti's do :smile:

conti 5 is an all weather tyre, with extremely good write up for water dispersment when raining. the NS2R are predominantly a semi slick tyre build for dry fast road/track use.

like comparing chalk and cheese

I was very suprised how much wet grip they had, especially as i am running boost. I do have a diff that helps but i was very impressed. Angel will give you better feeback, ive not driven it much and he has done a track day as well. But he will praise them massivly!

If you've only used Contis they will definitely be an upgrade. The Contis are NOT a great tyre and are way overpriced. I'm sure [MENTION=1272]Fernandez[/MENTION] will be along soon to agree with this sentiment.

lol.. cheers lads.. I love em..... and I hate contis... They are great on track, decent on the road even ok in snow as I found when driving down to see Jakes race car a few weeks ago.

As others have said they are much better than the contis, different league to be fair, the mediums are what you want for the road and should last 12k + easily. if your doing track only then get the softs. Personally i wouldn't recommend the softs for the road, I have softs on the from and they are wearing but thats to be expected considering the abuse they have had.

[MENTION=4792]Paddy_R[/MENTION] have you had a delivery yet?