Nearside rear toe angle?

Sarah A

Gold Member
Noticed that the rear wheel has a funny angle to it, looks like its toeing inwards, is this a common trait of the Clio?

It drives fine, it hasn't had a knock but did notice that the off side has a new shock and the otherone (the side with more toe in) hasn't been changed.

Noticed that the rear wheel has a funny angle to it, looks like its toeing inwards, is this a common trait of the Clio?

It drives fine, it hasn't had a knock but did notice that the off side has a new shock and the otherone (the side with more toe in) hasn't been changed.

Sounds suspicious to me :worried:. Could try getting somewhere to get the car on a laser alignment stand and see what's actually going wrong......If anything!

Not heard of any issues with regards to this subject though!

really that noticeable?

if it is then get it checked doesnt sound right that !!!

As gaz said, both rears toe in slightly, around 10-15' of a degree on average. However, if its really that noticeable you should have it checked out. Rear geometry is fixed, having different shocks installed will not alter the toe in and camber.

hmmmmmm sounds strange, the toe should not be that noticable 10 - 15 degrees??? are you sure??

have you ever heard of the 9 degres of negative camber club?

Read my post again, I said 10-15' of a degree (one degree = 60 minutes) :smile:

Renault specs for the rear angle give a tolerance of 0-30' for each wheel with a total toe in of 1 degree (sum of left and right toe in).

The nominal value is 10-15' for each wheel.