Creak from front nearside

lewisflintham

POTM Winner - November 2016, August 2017
Gold Member
My car has just developed a loud creak when you turn the wheel when stationary or manoeuvring. The best way I can describe it is when you're just easing forward on a hill on the brakes and it makes that creaking sound. Any ideas? Thanks, Lewis.

When ours made that noise when moving it was the front spring had snapped :worried:

could be one of the perfo-hub swivel joints

but until its checked correctly it could be all manner of items

Thanks for the ideas. When I was checking today it sounds like it's coming from right behind the wheels nuts if that makes sense.

I'll get some dismantling done later on today I reckon. I'm away at the min but coming home today so obviously don't have access to tools etc. at the moment. It still makes the same noise even if the brakes are on though. It could be something stuck though as I drove for 3 hours in terrible rain on Friday night and then heard the noise the next day.

i had this on my mk2 turned out to be a snapped spring, snapped right at the very top so it looked fine untill it was taken off, so if stripping your brakes dosent fix it i reckon thats your problem.

Took it to my dad's today and found out the bottom ball joint has some play in it. I don't know if that's making the noise but when it's fixed we'll see so I'm starting with that as it's nacked anyway. Gonna get some prices from some local garages as those nuts look extremely rusty...