New 197 owner :)

Hi guys, first post here! Been a member of cliosport.net for a while but pretty new here:smile:
I missed my phase 1 172 so about 3 months ago I bought this :smiley:

A4EB97A3-4D4B-4DAE-B110-97F4AE254A89.jpg

8615AFC7-47CA-4CD4-BA8C-8F8A3FFF6B9A.jpg

9B70F1F4-21CC-462A-84BF-04FDF5BFE94A.jpg

She's tidy enough with receipts for belts done 10k ago (on 60k now)
Gave her a good service as soon as I got her home and threw a new aux belt on, Citroen washer jets and some new wipers too.
She's Pretty much standard except
Ktec panel filter, stainless cat back and lowered 30mm on apex springs.
I added silver vision's front and rear, powerflex engine stabiliser bushes top and bottom and some 16mm spacers all round.

And I also got myself an espace 17 inch spare wheel as I hate not having one!
Next jobs once the weather pics up is a wheel refurb, new plates and a good detail!

Couple of questions seen as I'm new to 197's!

-Will AST adjustable top mounts fit standard shocks?

-are the apex springs worth swapping for eibach sport lines or H&R springs? The rides a bit crashy but she handles alright and more importantly she doesn't bottom out when I land lol[emoji39]

-is there much point getting her mapped?

-keep the spoiler or change it?

That's all for now guys!

Ohh, and she's called Lucy [emoji13]

EDIT: can anyone recommend a good speaker upgrade? The standard ones **** themselves when Mumford and sons comes on haha

2nd EDIT: any local meets?

Last edited:
Hi, as for the springs I would keep what you have, until they want replacing, I have h&r springs and you feel the bumps, it doesn't bother me but my dad moans if he's in it. I reckon though 25 years ago it wouldn't have bothered him. I don't know what your springs are like but I doubt h&r's will make a great deal of difference.
Looks like a nice car though, I would fit the front splitter thing and keep the spoiler but that's an opinion.

unless u go for a coliover set i wouldnt bother tbh...a remap is always a good call..depends if u want to put any more mods on the engine..its kind of a last thing to go for to smooth everything out...
regarding the spoiler-depends whether u like it..there will be 100 people telling u different opinions...
car looks cool..what cat back r u running??

Thanks for the replies guys!

Regarding springs I've heard many people say apex give a bad ride but it's the first time I've had them and I can live with the ride easily. If handling could be improved with a change of springs though I would change them.

Regarding spoiler the cup one looks perfect but it's the one everyone wants, I've seen less with this spoiler on.

I'm not going to bother with the front splitter because the one that's on it is very flexible which suits the way I drive haha!

I'm 50/50 on changing the air filter set up, I know there's not much to be gained but if there's also no loss and it sounds way better I might consider it[emoji12]
Either way I think a map at RS tuning is in the cards!

I forget the make of the exhaust, there's a receipt in the history for it, looks like it was custom made at a garage. It does have a rattle theough which needs sorting, like a loose bracket or something:/ I can hear it at a certain rpm.

I have that spoiler, much prefer it to the cup one. Do ktec not make induction kits anymore for the 197? I can't find one for sale anywhere, including their own website.

The ktec filter looks like it will just soak all the heat from under the bonnet like any other cone type filter :/
Apparently it's one of only a few air filters that won't lose you power on this car. Weird that their website doesn't have it anymore.

Hmmm, I'm sceptical, plus, it's not cheap if it doesn't add power lol

I fitted one last week. Improved response and low down torque. As for heat soak, it has a heat shield. The only part of it that gets hot, checking after a hard drive, is the piping just as it connects to the throttle body. Other than that, the rest of it is cold.

Last edited:
I fitted one last week. Improved response and low down torque. As for heat soak, it has a heat shield. The old part of it that gets hot, checking after a hard drive, is the piping just as it connects to the throttle body. Other than that, the rest of it is cold.

Hmm may look into one! Bit more reading first!

I fitted one last week. Improved response and low down torque. As for heat soak, it has a heat shield. The old part of it that gets hot, checking after a hard drive, is the piping just as it connects to the throttle body. Other than that, the rest of it is cold.
Where did you get it from mate?

The ktec filter looks like it will just soak all the heat from under the bonnet like any other cone type filter :/

Theres a scoop under the car forcing cold air upwards into the cone.

Apparently it's one of only a few air filters that won't lose you power on this car. Weird that their website doesn't have it anymore.

Funny that, cos I bought one on friday from ktec. :smile:

Welcome to the forum Jamie.

im an idiot, you have to select your car first apparently, a google search brought me to empty links on the website and really low speeds.
how hard is it to fit and whats the difference between the 2 different kit options? the maxogen is £70 dearer.

Similar Thread Suggestions