New 200 Owner Southampton/New Forest

Hi All,

Had my 200 just under a week now, bought it off piston heads second hand for a really good price! Only did 3,500 miles in a year! Under £13k :smiley: I am around the New Forest area (Marchwood) and go to Christchurch every day so if you see me wave! (Did see a SG behind me on monday? Anyone?)

All i can say is I LOVE IT! had a Fabia vRS before but this just blows it right out of the water! Needs a cup spoiler I know and a new head unit (standard sound system is flat) apart from that Its amazing! Any how here is a little pic!

web-2.jpg

...On the subject of head units, has anyone changed theres?

Welcome! Yes i've changed my headunit. Massive improvement! Worth noting that 200's dont have tweeters up on dash and have co-axials in doors. (some 197's have a component setup upfront) Getting some components in there will help raise the soundstage up somewhat!

Enjoy the car...very nice!

Cheers for the warm welcome,

Thanks for the advice on head units, If you change out the old, will i loose the small display in the middle of the dash?

Alpine do a lead for their headunits that keep steering controls and display for the 197. Not sure about the 200 as its a canbus system.

Welcome mate, where abouts in The New Forest are you from? Im from Fordingbridge and am like the only person around here! So good for there to be someone else!

Hi All,

All i can say is I LOVE IT! had a Fabia vRS before but this just blows it right out of the water!

Welcome! I have a Fabia vRS and test drove a RS200 just too see what they were like and I was blown away. Best handling car I've driven so far and so much fun. Not sure if it's got the same go in-gear as the vRS but I loved dropping cogs and flooring it.

Once I change jobs I'm very tempted to get one. Only things are concerning me are long term reliability and the drop in MPG. If I could afford it ideally I'd run both at the same time. Keep the vRS for commuting and fishing and the Clio for fun! Yours does look fantastic and I'd ether get mine in white or green.

Welcome! I have a Fabia vRS and test drove a RS200 just too see what they were like and I was blown away. Best handling car I've driven so far and so much fun. Not sure if it's got the same go in-gear as the vRS but I loved dropping cogs and flooring it.

Once I change jobs I'm very tempted to get one. Only things are concerning me are long term reliability and the drop in MPG. If I could afford it ideally I'd run both at the same time. Keep the vRS for commuting and fishing and the Clio for fun! Yours does look fantastic and I'd ether get mine in white or green.

For long term Reliability I would have to say my vRS was a bit crap :worried: (hense selling it) The MPG is a bit of a downer, but if you excuse the bad MPG for fun it works out ok :tongueout:roud: I think the 200 is built REALLY well, a mate of mine who has been a VW - Golf lover for years thinks the build quality on my 200 is better than his ed30! And thats saying something coming form him! Also 200s are part of RSUK, which is a lot different to renault. Some dealers we have spoke to are not even allowed to sell demo cars because they are not a high enough standard and apparently they are cracking down ever more...

I would like to have kept my vRS for commuting but im doing ok with 200, just save the beans for the weekend and it goes ok! (got 37mpg today :innocent:) And when you keep the revs going or drop it into 4th, aint much keeping up :tongueout:roud:

...Ill look out for you and wave also!

Hi All,

Had my 200 just under a week now, bought it off piston heads second hand for a really good price! Only did 3,500 miles in a year! Under £13k :smiley: I am around the New Forest area (Marchwood) and go to Christchurch every day so if you see me wave! (Did see a SG behind me on monday? Anyone?)
All i can say is I LOVE IT! had a Fabia vRS before but this just blows it right out of the water! Needs a cup spoiler I know and a new head unit (standard sound system is flat) apart from that Its amazing! Any how here is a little pic!

web-2.jpg

...On the subject of head units, has anyone changed theres?

That would have been me!

Along Barrack Road?

Great looking car, enjoy!

Similar Thread Suggestions

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
S Clio 200 Area 2
S New Members 6
craigkitch New Members 4
Storvite New Members 11
D New Members 14