New Clio 197 Toro red from France

hi guys

I'm Emmanuel, 33 years, I live in the north of France and I'm the proud owner of a Toro red Clio 197, 12/2006 with 41 000 km.

I've always owned sport cars, such as:

-206 GTI
-Honda Integra Type R (euro spec)
-Peugeot 106 rallye 1.6
-Toyota Yaris TS
-Mini Cooper S (the supercharged one)
-Subaru Impreza WRX

My wife is also a car enthousiast, but for old Volkswagen.
She owns a 1973 1200 bug and a 1975 1600 bus:

Kiwy13.jpg

Oasis01.jpg

But, let's go back to the Clio:
I bought it 1 month ago, and it may sounds weird, but it's my first Renault (to be honest, I always had bad opinions about Renault cars, but as we say in France, only the fools don't change their minds)

So, it's a Toro Red one, with few kilometers, and in a very very good condition (looks like a new car)

The previous owner changed the wheels for some Team Dynamics pro Race 1.2, and I kind of like it.
The car has been lowered with Ultimate springs (never heard of that brand, but so far, its pretty good)
He also fitted the Renault Sport front and rear spoilers, but i have to admit I would have prefered he didn't)

The standard exhaust has been replaced by a stainless steel catback system, and the 2nd catalyser has also been taken of.

Here below some picures of the Clio:

forum1-348046b.jpg

forum2-3480484.jpg

forum3-34804a6.jpg

I have to admit that I really like this Clio, it sometimes makes me think of my previous Integra because of the engine which makes you go near 8000rpm.

The chassis and especially the brakes are very good (I could not say the same thing about my WRX)

I think I will learn many things about this car thanks to you, and if some day you plan to go to France for a meeting, it would be a pleasure to meet you.

Cheers

Welcome to the forum...nice intro!!

Lovely looking car, not a mega fan of the wheels but each to their own. Over here we call it Ultra Red.

It does look very tidy!