New gearbox under warranty

Unfortunately the gearbox is on it's way out on the cup, but luckily I have a warranty. Apparently the max warranty payout on one claim is £2k and I'm pretty sure a new box + labour will be more than that. What's the best way to work it so that I can do it cheaper? I know you can get a new box on ebay for cheap, and I can also get one trade price through my work. However, the warranty company said they will only buy the box direct off renault, and won't do anything with one off ebay. Is there a way around this that anyone knows of?
That was a bit of a ramble so, basically, what's the best way to work this out so it stays under £2k inc vat?

Go to a dealership and have it looked at and get a price.

The computer may give you a discount (it gave me 40%) my bill to pay was £1200. I then rung Renault and they stumped up a a further £980 + a clutch (£135 trade as they pay that)

Remember you are charged retail, Renault do things at trade as its them doing there own work.

Go to a dealership and have it looked at and get a price.

The computer may give you a discount (it gave me 40%) my bill to pay was £1200. I then rung Renault and they stumped up a a further £980 + a clutch (£135 trade as they pay that)

Remember you are charged retail, Renault do things at trade as its them doing there own work.

It's an arnold clark auto care warranty unfortunately, so can't go through renault :worried: