New Gearbox

hi all,
Have just had a new gearbox fitted to my 200, is only just a year old and has only done 6500 miles!!! Getting into 3rd gear was the problem made a horrible noise and was very gruanchy

Any body else had a new gearbox fitted this early into a clios life??

cheers, dan

My first 200 kinda always had a slight issue getting into 6th, but never developed into owt serious enough to have the box changed. Although a guy from renault looked at it and the problem was logged at my dealer. They said if owt happened further, they would change it, no problems. My new car has no problems at all. In fact id say the gearbox seems better on this new one. Hope that was some help.

I think it may have been an issue, having spoken to my renault dealer. But its across the whole range, not just 200s. From what I gather, and my experience (had to have my traffic vans box done out of warranty). Renault are pretty good at sorting it out. Even outside the warranty.

Gearbox issues stem back as far as I can remember on the Clio's, especially the RS variants.

It's like their achillies heel! :worried:

I know ! I had a 1.9 d, years ago and had to have a new box on that. A cog snapped off when I was in France and spent two weeks driving around in it. Had two kids and the missus with me too. The day I got home.....It packed up ! We were lucky !

Gearbox issues stem back as far as I can remember on the Clio's, especially the RS variants.

It's like their achillies heel! :worried:

As far as I'm aware the 182s box is renowned to be near bullet proof. Rstunings superharged ph1 was running 360 odd bhp and STD box, no issues :smile:

197s average lifespan is like 30000 miles though? Same box from the dci Clio isn't it?