New guy from Derby - RB 200

Thought I would quickly introduce myself on the forum.

Quick History of my cars:

Started with a 1.2 corsa six (no pics, whats the point)

Quickly moved onto an white 08 corsa sri (with the 1.6t engine in) and was mapped at thorney motorsport with miltek and decat exhaust (ran 220bhp) and had a quaife lsd and bilstein b14's fitted, handled well to be fair.

4337794759_7d8291ffb5_z.jpg

3870578566_30e50d0ee7_z.jpg

Got bored and wanted something that was more sorted straight out the box so purchased a Black 08 Megane r26 with the lux pack. Didnt have plans to mod it but ended up doing so anyway, was running 275bhp and 300 lb/ft (limited) with a stage 2 rs tuning remap, arp rod bolts, two piece discs & uprated pads, air box mod and some federal 595 rsr's.

7663283220_5b5d47ef80_z.jpg

5182769458_8353a93839_z.jpg

Always wanted to experience a RWD car and had a craving to own a honda s2000, picked up a pre facelift 03 with 70k on the clock but was in mint condition and drove well. Engine was fantastic and chassis balance is really nice especially after I had the geometry setup done. Unfortunately the car never felt quite right and seemed to have alot of drivetrain backlash so it got sold.

8088229232_d1f5ce64a1_z.jpg

8088239704_1b06b45228_z.jpg

Video with the decat on!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/fonzze/8407335571/

This brings me to today with the 200, didn't originally have plans to get this colour or the anthracite pack but in the flesh it looked mint and the recaro's are a nice bonus.

8486679358_9675d9a82e_z.jpg

8486672484_42c09e6dcc_z.jpg

Sorry for the poor pictures I will post some decent ones up soon.

Initial impressions are good nice level of adjustability to the handling and engine pulls surprisingly well (thought it would be slower than 182's buts its not at all). Gearbox/gear change feels pretty poor to be honest coming from the honda and the clutch takes some getting used to. Apart from that its a nice place to be, better put together that my megane and overall I am loving it.

I have already had the front brembo's callipers stripped down and pads replaced with ds2500 as the inner pads had seized and the brakes where shocking (exactly the same thing when I got the megane, very poor design), feel really strong now though :smile:.

Future plans:

H&R 30/40 Springs - Getting fitted next week

Maybe fit the new ktec induction kit or get a cheaper alternative

RS Tuning remap

Maybe removed silencer - not sure on the sound though

Cheers

Sam

Last edited:
looks like you've bought a nice example there sam,very clean looking

some awesome previous cars as well,great work

Very nice mate !! make sure you let us know how the springs feel also looking at these :smile: And I'd stay away from the Induction kit , the clios actually tend to loose power with them on

Welcome along, very nice motors and the 200 looks very tasty.

As Ryan says not many induction kits make gains. The V6 airbox and Maxogen are proven to work well and I'm sure Ktecs will too.

Thanks for the comments! With regards to the induction kit i wouldn't really be after any gains as such as long as the induction noise is increased and no power is lost I would be happy. Do you have to relocate the battery to fit the Maxogen?

Thanks for the comments! With regards to the induction kit i wouldn't really be after any gains as such as long as the induction noise is increased and no power is lost I would be happy. Do you have to relocate the battery to fit the Maxogen?

No relocation but you would be better off with a smaller battery. Check out Henderson or Smoggy Marks threads. Mark also sells the Maxogens for a great price.

Looks great. Nice pics of the others too. Might just be the pics but it looks like albi and not racing blue?

Its most definitely racing blue my friend I can assure you, think albi blue is metallic? I will get some better pics up soon.

Deffo racing blue, never seen the antha pack on one, but pulls it off, nice selection of cars too :smile:

:welcome: to the site.

No one else has so i'll say it.

'Sit on it' hey :thumbup:

I've fitted the h&r's on my nimbus 197 about a week ago... Great mod so far. I've heard they take a while to set, so I'm enjoying the transition phase for now. Here are the before and after pics... Just need some spacers now!
Before:

uploadfromtaptalk1361662072570.jpg

After:

uploadfromtaptalk1361662111372.jpg

Sorry for the hijack.
Ride is getting stiffer by the day, but turn ins are already noticeably sharper.

Congrats on your car, and many happy miles.

Thanks for posting that mate makes the car look so much better, for me the 200 even with the cup suspension just sits to high.

Thinking about spacers awell but worried they will corrupt the handling and cars responses.

Love the Anth pack!

I used to think it only worked on the lighter colours, but I genuinely prefer it now on any colour.

I bet this ends up well after looking at your other cars :smile:

Welcome buddddddy, love your selection of cars/mods too! Really liked that corsa ;/

What. Did. You. Just. Say.....

Welcome to The Fonze

531610257_The_Fonz_from_Happy_Days_xlarge.jpeg