New guy with a few questions

Hi everyone - I'll hopefully be the owner of a 197 in the next few weeks as the prices are very tempting at the moment (seen a few 08 cars auctioned at £5000 on the 'bay). I currently have an 03 BMW 320d Touring which has served its purpose as the family bus and me an the mrs want something more fun to drive.

I have a few questions that only real life owners can give, so here goes:

1. Are service intervals at a set mileage or every year?
2. Is it worth paying the premium for a white car (The Mrs wants a white one)
3. How are they to live with in normal stop / start driving?

Thanks in advance

Firstly welcome!!! :smile:

Secondly...

1; The intervals are annual/mileage, whichever comes first. So, take that as a service the car yearly.

2; It depends just how much the missus wants a white one!!! :smiley: If you can justify the difference then it's worth it, but only you can answer that question I'm afraid. It's the same car underneath, obviously, colour is very much down to personal preference...

3; Easy to drive in traffic, but they're not built for MPG so be under no illusions on that front. Some of them ''kangaroo'' when cold.

The best advice I could offer is to have a test drive in one, or depending on where you are in the country see if any members will take you out for half an hour in theirs so you can see what all of the fuss is about. These cars are superb, they really are, but you have to have a go in one to really feel the ''fizz'' as James May would call it. I'll be brutally honest and say they're not cheap to run and not cheap to service, but that's not really the point of the car anyway...

Hi everyone - I'll hopefully be the owner of a 197 in the next few weeks as the prices are very tempting at the moment (seen a few 08 cars auctioned at £5000 on the 'bay). I currently have an 03 BMW 320d Touring which has served its purpose as the family bus and me an the mrs want something more fun to drive.

I have a few questions that only real life owners can give, so here goes:

1. Are service intervals at a set mileage or every year?
2. Is it worth paying the premium for a white car (The Mrs wants a white one)
3. How are they to live with in normal stop / start driving?

Thanks in advance

Welcome to the club.

1. Check the buyers guide for service intervals: http://www.clio197.net/forum/showthread.php?t=19788

2. White isn't any more expensive than other colours tbh.

3. Awesome lol.

:welcome:mate answer to your question is There thirsty buggers in stop start mode
But fantastic as a fun car if your worried about the rising cost of fuel don't bother but if your not bothered get one
If you get one anything coming up to the 5 year mark it needs a cambelt change costing anything from £350-£1000 depending what you have done

Thanks for the welcome - fuel prices don't bother me, I've just heard they can be a bit awkward to drive at lower speeds thats all.

Once I get a 197 I'll be back with pictures, lots of pictures!!!

:welcome: to the site.

They are not easy to drive slowly because once you've driven them fast you want to drive it like that all the time :thumbsup:

They can be driven in town/stop start no problem.