new GW 200 cup owner

Doug6488

Platinum Member
Hi folks been on here a while just never had a car to post ;/

signed for the car today after 2 test drives and a few negations later its mine.

will be collecting it after my 2 week holiday in portugal :bounce:

few forecourt pics is all i have at the minute:

60 plate with 20K miles done with full FRSH with cup chassis, speedline alloys and the cup spoiler (not sure if im too keen on that)

10461747_10152490858346788_360857754_n_zpsfd169cf9.jpg
10466667_10152490859271788_155266915_n_zps6ea984d5.jpg
10428988_10152490858806788_1217676084_n_zps3c174b47.jpg

looking for advice on some mods ive thought about doing:

1. braided brake lines
2. lowering springs
3. panel filter and new silicone hoses
4. oil catch can

are these worth doing?

Dougie

welcome to our family..to ur questions:
braided brake lines- worth doing if u track ur car..ive got them and must say that couldnt tell a difference but when on track-better brake pedal feel for sure and u dont have to worry about expanding/bursting while hard breaking
lowering springs-went for Eibach 20/25mm drop..looks much better and tbh it handles really well..might have other people saying different but its entirely up to u..would prefer new coilovers but spring will do for now...
panel filter and new silicone hoses-have the panel filter (ITG) --no difference whatsoever...silicone hoses-dont own them so cant tell really..
from my own experience focus on things like: gearbox oil,brake fluid,pads,tires funds permitting of course..
hope it helps

Last edited:
Well ordered parts from ktec on Monday and they turned up today :smile: quality service and delivery times.
Now just got the long 2 week wait until I can collect the car :tongueout:anic:

How do you find the braided lines?

Also where did you get the smoked projectors can't seem to find them anywhere

Cant comment specifically on the lines as I put them in with some DS2500 pads. This combination on standard discs has however made a noticeable difference.

I presume you mean the black inserts in them? They were from a member on here a while back. They do pop up used from time to time, but are quite sought after so you have to be quick. I think Steve Murr sells them new - http://www.clio197.net/forum/showthread.php?38130-Popular-parts-prices

Just read the link dan and he states he won't be selling anymore which is a shame.
Ill need to keep a look out for them coming up for sale.
Im going to order new lines discs and pads the next time I service the car

Welcome to the club mate! If you fancy getting g rid of the cup spoiler give me a shout :smile: best colour and good effort going for the cup too.

Similar Thread Suggestions