New Member With a Clio 3 RS Phase 2

Best,

I'm John from the Netherlands and purchased a Clio 3 RS a few weeks ago. The main purpose for the car are trackdays and touristenfahrten, no daily use.

The journey didn't start very well, after half a trackday the engine gave up on me and needed to be fully rebuild. Cause of the failure was not enough oil in the engine, my fould for not checking and the sellers fould to sell it with not enough oil in the engine. So made a good deal with the company where I bought it and they put a new rebuild engine in the car.

The current spec list of the car:
- Stripped interior
- Wiechers 6-point bolt-in cage
- L-tec bucket seats with my own L-adapters
- Schroth 4 point harness
- L-tec steeringwheel
- Recaro doorcards
- KW clubsport 2 way coilovers with adjustable topmounts
- Solid bushes for the engine mounts
- BackLine trosen Sper differential
- KTR intake
- ToyoSport exhaust with OEM headers
- Brembo 312mm front disc
- PFC Z-rated pads front
- Megane R26.R rear discs
- Ferodo DS2500 pads rear
- Goodridge braided lines
- Speedline 7,5j cup wheels (PS5's for wet AR-1's for dry)
- H&R hubcentric spacers

Plans for the car is to drive it as it is now for the rest of the season. Over the winter it will get small updates, mainly suspension and kinematics. For that I'm currently colleting parts left and right, this week got my hands on a new set of Renault Sport Racing wishbones. With the uniballs instead of the rubbers. But first enjoy it as it is and make some good miles with it on track.

For me the forum is a source of extra knowledge when needed and to share my path on track with the Clio. For next monday and tuesday TF is on the program, if people are interested I can post some onboards here.

Clio 2.jpgClio 3.jpgClio 4.jpgClio 5.jpg

Welcome, looks like a nice car you got there.

That with the oil is unfortunate. Especially considering it actually tells you on start-up if the level is ok and that a press on the right stalk even shows how much is in there if the message is still present on the display.