New R27 owner - needs valuable advice

Hi All,

I am from Singapore and find this forum very useful for my quest to understand my R27 in which i just got it pre-owned. Previously owned a heavily boosted Suzuki Swift Sport. I am looking forward to make my R27 a very special ride via NA.
The car is a 2009 reg R27 with 60k km on the dash.
I have a few questions in which i hope the enlightened one can guide me.

1) From what i know cambelt maintenance is to be done every 60k km. But i read from this forum that Renault revised it to 72k km. Should i wait till 72k km or should i get it done asap? If yes, parts in my country is very rare as there is less than 10x 197 on the street. I need advice on where to buy spare parts online without paying the premium.

2) I am planning to import the full racing system from Supersprint from the Y-pipe(873812) to front pipe(873842) to centre pipe(873813) to rear racing exhaust(873904) to endpipe(873814). My question is will it be too loud for urban driving? or should i use the rear exhaust(873804) instead? Will it affect my low-mid end torque?
http://www.supersprint.com/en/IT/pr...o_iii_20i_rs_197_hp__06_E28093E280BA__09.aspx

3) any intake system to match the above exhaust system? I personally would prefer stock airbox. But I am already feeling the lag of throttle response and poor low-mid end grunge. Will the exhaust mod make it worst?

4) what kind of coolant should i use?

Any advice is greatly appreciated. Please keep the comments coming and have a healthy discussion.:smile:

Last edited:
1) From what i know cambelt maintenance is to be done every 60k km. But i read from this forum that Renault revised it to 72k km. Should i wait till 72k km or should i get it done asap? If yes, parts in my country is very rare as there is less than 10x 197 on the street. I need advice on where to buy spare parts online without paying the premium. I'd probably stick to the 5 year/60km service interval myself, however, I don't think it would be a huge issue. As far as I'm aware, KTEC RACING ship worldwide. Shipping will always be a premium though.

2) I am planning to import the full racing system from Supersprint from the Y-pipe(873812) to front pipe(873842) to centre pipe(873813) to rear racing exhaust(873904) to endpipe(873814). My question is will it be too loud for urban driving? or should i use the rear exhaust(873804) instead? Will it affect my low-mid end torque?
http://www.supersprint.com/en/IT/pr...o_iii_20i_rs_197_hp__06_E28093E280BA__09.aspx It would be quite loud, but depends on how you like it. Fully decatted always adds a nice element of volume, but what Db level is too loud?

3) any intake system to match the above exhaust system? I personally would prefer stock airbox. But I am already feeling the lag of throttle response and poor low-mid end grunge. Will the exhaust mod make it worst? You'll need a remap to properly reep the benefit of the exhaust. I would probably stick in a V6/Ktec airbox mod.

4) what kind of coolant should i use? Type D

Thanks for the prompt advice Rogue.

1) Can you advice what to change for a 5 yo 60k km maintenance?

2) Singapore is a small country where our authorities are kinda hard on illegal mods especially loud exhaust that has no homologation. We try our best to avoid detection by not going too loud. As neighbours are good at reporting to authorities if you are home with a loud exhaust.

3) I dont think i can find a V6 box easily in Singapore and moving the battery is a chore. I can't find any info on Ktec airbox mod except just being a panel filter.

1) From what i know cambelt maintenance is to be done every 60k km. But i read from this forum that Renault revised it to 72k km. Should i wait till 72k km or should i get it done asap? If yes, parts in my country is very rare as there is less than 10x 197 on the street. I need advice on where to buy spare parts online without paying the premium. I'd probably stick to the 5 year/60km service interval myself, however, I don't think it would be a huge issue. As far as I'm aware, KTEC RACING ship worldwide. Shipping will always be a premium though.

http://www.supersprint.com/en/IT/pr...o_iii_20i_rs_197_hp__06_E28093E280BA__09.aspx It would be quite loud, but depends on how you like it. Fully decatted always adds a nice element of volume, but what Db level is too loud?

3) any intake system to match the above exhaust system? I personally would prefer stock airbox. But I am already feeling the lag of throttle response and poor low-mid end grunge. Will the exhaust mod make it worst? You'll need a remap to properly reep the benefit of the exhaust. I would probably stick in a V6/Ktec airbox mod.

4) what kind of coolant should i use? Type D

be careful as I would say the climate is a lot different in singapore to the uk/eu and hence the lower change intervals

The Supersprint is a loud system even when you spec the road version.

If you decide to go for the Supersprint then I can do you a good price and ship to Singapore.

The Supersprint is a loud system even when you spec the road version.

If you decide to go for the Supersprint then I can do you a good price and ship to Singapore.

Hi there, please assist to quote me the race system with freight to SGP. Thanks!

can anyone advice me an alternative damper kit from the usual cup set? i am looking at koni yellow. any user on it?

KW V3/Clubsport are probably one of the most popular setups on the Clio.

Spax RSX would be an alternate. Depends on what your budget is

3) I dont think i can find a V6 box easily in Singapore and moving the battery is a chore. I can't find any info on Ktec airbox mod except just being a panel filter.

I might be selling my V6/R3 airbox with the hose and the K&N panel filter in the next month.

So if you're still looking for an intake by then - let me know. :wink:

KW V3/Clubsport are probably one of the most popular setups on the Clio.

Spax RSX would be an alternate. Depends on what your budget is

I am looking at just spring and damper setup. Looking just to change to a sportier damper for better road holding and not sacrificing comfort.

Sounds interesting. Please quote me
If I manage to pull some project that I'm doing at the moment, I won't be needing the V6 airbox anymore.

Let me know if you don't find the airbox in the meantime. [emoji106]

This is my setup at the moment.

Clio R3 & V6 Ph2 airbox modification:

[video=youtube_share;AI1fSvmTfcM]http://youtu.be/AI1fSvmTfcM[/video]

Will be trying out something new in the next 30 days and if it all works out as expected I won't be needing this airbox anymore. :wink:

Last edited:
Hi All,

I am from Singapore and find this forum very useful for my quest to understand my R27 in which i just got it pre-owned. Previously owned a heavily boosted Suzuki Swift Sport. I am looking forward to make my R27 a very special ride via NA.
The car is a 2009 reg R27 with 60k km on the dash.
I have a few questions in which i hope the enlightened one can guide me.

1) From what i know cambelt maintenance is to be done every 60k km. But i read from this forum that Renault revised it to 72k km. Should i wait till 72k km or should i get it done asap? If yes, parts in my country is very rare as there is less than 10x 197 on the street. I need advice on where to buy spare parts online without paying the premium.

http://www.supersprint.com/en/IT/pr...o_iii_20i_rs_197_hp__06_E28093E280BA__09.aspx

3) any intake system to match the above exhaust system? I personally would prefer stock airbox. But I am already feeling the lag of throttle response and poor low-mid end grunge. Will the exhaust mod make it worst?

4) what kind of coolant should i use?

Any advice is greatly appreciated. Please keep the comments coming and have a healthy discussion.:smile:
Your car can't be a 2009 model, if it's a R27.

If I manage to pull some project that I'm doing at the moment, I won't be needing the V6 airbox anymore.

Let me know if you don't find the airbox in the meantime. [emoji106]

This is my setup at the moment.

Clio R3 & V6 Ph2 airbox modification:

[video=youtube_share;AI1fSvmTfcM]http://youtu.be/AI1fSvmTfcM[/video]

Will be trying out something new in the next 30 days and if it all works out as expected I won't be needing this airbox anymore. :wink:

Keep me updated on the price you are asking :wink:

Similar Thread Suggestions

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Jack_R27 New Members 6
VehicleOfChoice New Members 13
T New Members 12
Priyank.A New Members 20
Flames83 Clio 197 Area 12