New Rims and De-Badged

After quite a bit of pondering, decided to go for OZ Ultraleggera's in 8x17" (et55) in matt black. Many thanks in particular to Mark_1873, Raptor6767, Boxster and Woody who helped me make my mind up. They were fitted today and I'm chuffed to bits! Think they look so much meaner than the standard rims and certainly help widen the track :thumbup:. Have also done a little de-badging. What do you think?

Attachments

• IMGP0963.jpg
    IMGP0963.jpg
    98 KB · Views: 215
  • IMGP0963b+w2.jpg
    IMGP0963b+w2.jpg
    97.7 KB · Views: 153
  • IMGP0959.jpg
    IMGP0959.jpg
    97.5 KB · Views: 154
  • IMGP0975.jpg
    IMGP0975.jpg
    96.3 KB · Views: 144
  • IMGP0980.jpg
    IMGP0980.jpg
    95.2 KB · Views: 132
Last edited:
looking mean mate, what kind of tyre package did you go for?

how many £££'s did the whole thing cost if you don't mind me asking?

Thanks for all the good feedback guys. I think the matt black really sets-off the white and cup trim very well and I'm really pleased.

Has it altered the drive at all?
Although they're lighter, haven't really driven enough miles yet to tell the difference.

looking mean mate, what kind of tyre package did you go for? how many £££'s did the whole thing cost if you don't mind me asking?
As the car has only done 4k, I've stuck with the 215/45 Conti's for now. Would really love R888's but had them priced yesterday at over £920 per set - ouch! Wheels and changing tyres over came in at £900. Not cheap granted but I'm really pleased with the results.

I would be interested to hear how you find the altered offset.

RE: the 888's, unless you are doing a LOT of track use I don't think they are worth it. They are less comfortable and noisier around town, if you get a puncture it can't be repaired, they are no good in standing water, and you won't get a lot of miles out of them.

They do look really good though!

After a track evening last week, I had a circa 100 mile drive home, and was keen to get the 888's off, despite them looking rather special.

If you are desperate for something more interesting, have you considered Toyo R1R's? They seem to be a better compromise, however they are little cheaper than the 888's.

The difference is night and day. Where did you buy your wheels from and how long was the delivery?

The standard 215 tyres fit these dont they?

The difference is night and day. Where did you buy your wheels from and how long was the delivery?

The standard 215 tyres fit these dont they?

Cheers mate :thumbup1:

Wheels were from Demon Tweeks and delivery and fitting was just over a week. These are the first set they've put on a 200 and they weren't originally sure about my choice of size and offset with their system recommending 7.5's with an et45 offset. They tried a rim first though to check clearance etc and they're fine. Yes retained standard tyres as there's so much tread left on them.

Thats excellent. Am still split between these wheels and Team dynamics pro race 1.2s.

Will have to make my mind up by the end of the month as thats when I'll be ordering them up. Will be delivery to the house. However, any time I've phoned demon tweeks they tell me they dont do wheels in Clio fitment.

The wheels on their own are what? £900?