New RS 200 Cup

Hi everyone,

I’ve been stalking this forum for a while now and thought it was time to say hello. I’ve found this forum really helpful for making the decision to buy a clio so thanks for all the informative posts.

After falling instantly in love with my mates 172 cup back in september I decided to treat myself to the same. After doing a fair amount of research and saving some money I decided I wanted something just as fun but a bit newer(I’m not the most gifted mechanic so wanted something reasonably trouble free). Although I’d never seen an RS 200 cup in real life, reviews suggested it would be the right move. So after lots of searching and a bit a haggling I parted with £6k and came home with this bad boy at the beginning of November.

I was a bit nervous about it at first as I wasn’t a massive fan of their appearance in photos. However, as soon as I saw it in real life I was smitten. I love the wide arches and adore the Recaros. Since I bought it I’ve had Renault replace 2 track rods, a ball joint and had the cam belt etc done as well as cut 2 new keys. I have to say that the Renault service department were pretty useless and never seemed to know which way up they were. At least this made haggling pretty easy and I paid just over £1200 for all of the above.

I have ended up getting my hands a bit greasy and replaced all Brake discs and pads myself (with help from a m8) as well as oil, oil filter and spark plugs:smile: I also treated the car to some bargain mats off eBay.

I’m not too keen to modify the car but my heart tells me that the wheel arches need filling. I’m terrified of ruining the handling so am reluctant to go down the spacers route and therefore may try and pick up some 8 X 17 OZ ultraleggeras when funds allow. I’m also considering the removal of the clio badge and replacing the rear Renault Sport badge with an RS badge. Only other possible mod is a sprint spoiler and a Ktec remap(car hates the cold and I understand this should help?). I’m also concerned that the temp gage never goes beyond the first quarter mark(pic attached)??

Anyway, heres some pics. Let me know if you have any advice regarding wheel arches and remap.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    99.7 KB · Views: 46
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    94.5 KB · Views: 46
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    95.9 KB · Views: 43
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 43
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    100 KB · Views: 39
Welcome to the forum. Lovely looking beaut.

Thermostat might need a change, nothing major. They don't go much above that anyway.

Welcome mate. The temp gauge should go higher if you give it some.

Mine sits just past that mark day to day driving.

Nice, to fill the arches on my 197 I bought some 20mm hubcentric spacers. But I like the standard wheels. Instead of buying wheels I'd get the cup rear spoiler.

Nice, to fill the arches on my 197 I bought some 20mm hubcentric spacers. But I like the standard wheels. Instead of buying wheels I'd get the cup rear spoiler.
Yeh, I have to admit that I'm very tempted by a set of spacers. I'm just worried it will upset the handling balance which I have to admit feels spot on for me at the moment. What differences in handling have you noticed since fitting them? Cup spoiler does look good in the pics but I'd like to see one in real life before spending the money. I have to say that I really like the look of the sprint spoiler as well. I definitely need to get to a meet at some point to see the differences.

Thanks everyone for your reassurances with the temp. It does go marginally higher after being driven hard for a while. I have to say I'm absolutely loving the car at the moment!

Yeh, I have to admit that I'm very tempted by a set of spacers. I'm just worried it will upset the handling balance which I have to admit feels spot on for me at the moment. What differences in handling have you noticed since fitting them? Cup spoiler does look good in the pics but I'd like to see one in real life before spending the money. I have to say that I really like the look of the sprint spoiler as well. I definitely need to get to a meet at some point to see the differences.

Thanks everyone for your reassurances with the temp. It does go marginally higher after being driven hard for a while. I have to say I'm absolutely loving the car at the moment!
Cup spoiler .......... You can see mine, now I know your from Devon.