New steering rack :-(

Well had my car at the garage today for a full health check . They said that everything is good except .
Ns cv boot is split
And I have play in my steering rack

. Thank god I'm still in warranty . Got to phone garage I bought it from in Monday and tell them the good news .

What are my best options . Can I put a uprated one on , second hand or brand new ?

Well had my car at the garage today for a full health check . They said that everything is good except .
Ns cv boot is split
And I have play in my steering rack

. Thank god I'm still in warranty . Got to phone garage I bought it from in Monday and tell them the good news .

What are my best options . Can I put a uprated one on , second hand or brand new ?

Not sure if Aftermarket is available. However, I'd go brand new personally.

Really sorry to hear that :worried: unfortunately the rack is one of the more expensive things that can go wrong on the mk3. I agree with Kaz though, go brand new OEM.

From memory the 200 cup steering rack is the cheapest and also the best in terms of feel etc. Around 300 iirc. I have the dreaded creaking so looks like this will be my next job on the clio :worried:

That's what I was dreading . :-( I'm sure I read on here that the 200 or maybe a cup rack improves things , is that correct ?

From memory the 200 cup steering rack is the cheapest and also the best in terms of feel etc. Around 300 iirc. I have the dreaded creaking so looks like this will be my next job on the clio :worried:

I'd be surprised if that's the rack. Noise like that is normally the ball joints.

IIRC the 200 cup rack is a quicker rack, so worth an upgrade if possible.

I'd be surprised if that's the rack. Noise like that is normally the ball joints.

IIRC the 200 cup rack is a quicker rack, so worth an upgrade if possible.

Definitely not the ball joints, both were done 6k ago so unfortunately I also know what that sounds like. In fact the whole front suspension is practically new so only thing left is the rack.