Newbie, 197 questions

Hi everyone, had my 197 2 weeks now, it's a 2008 plate. in these 2 weeks it's had clutch replaced & bottom link arms under RAC warranty, now I've got engine management light & check emissions light? RAC warranty does not cover this because the car drives normal, the car drives no differently than when the light was not on, I've had it plugged in at my local auto centre, no faults logged? The mechanic recommends I replace front & rear lambda sensor because there is a strong smell of fuel coming out of the exhaust, I no that sounds daft as it is supposed to smell like petrol. But he says it's not ment to be that strong, if I'm at a stand still & open door it smells like I'm at the petrol station lol no smell in the cabin at all. So my questions are do I replace both lambda sensors hoping this clears the light or does anybody on here have any info about my problem?

Cheers

The mechanic reckons if it was the MAF or anything else the car wouldn't run right, that's why he's said the lambdas, are the lambda sensors easy to change on these cars ? Cheers

he is abit slightly wrong ,as it still will run right but just put alot more fuel in as its not reading any pressures , but soon as you remove the sensor it runs like ****, but i had the same problem and i changed the map sensor and the the message was there until i got the messaged cleared and it didnt come back on plus i have no cat in the manifold .

Mine doesn't smell of petrol buy it sure does like drinking it!!! I'm shall we say a more mature driver. No old jokes please:smile: 27 mpg is the best I've ever had on a run and it has gone down to 10 !

The Lambda wire runs between the roll bar and subframe for the rear one. For the front one it would have to have been unclipped from the bracket on the rack when they dropped the subframe to get the box out so check they have put it all together properly

Similar Thread Suggestions

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
O New Members 3
Clio chris 197 Clio 197 Area 8
A New Members 3
wrx-sti New Members 5
J New Members 4